Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What tent?
  • chvck
    Free Member

Following on from the other tent thread…I need a tent. 1 or 2 man, pack down small and warm/waterproof. I don't know much about tents but do I need a 2 skinned tent? Is single skin as waterproof? Can anyone give me some pointers and/or recommendations please?

Also – sleeping bags? Most of my camping will be in Wales too

druidh
    Free Member

Double skin for the UK or you'll have issues with condensation.

montylikesbeer

loads of questions to ask, but first is when you intend to use it.

High mountain 3/4 seasons or Valley

colande
    Free Member

if your looking for a 1 man tent
    and your on a mega budget look in argos,
    yup argos they are doing a 1 man tent in their sale
    and it seems to be good for £25, alu poles and decent pegs

much better than the other cheapie gelert solo tent which i bought and returned, the fibre glass poles split.

chvck
    Free Member

I'll be using it for all year round really! Will check out suggestions thus far!

Candodavid
    Free Member
    soops
    Free Member

Terra nova solar 2 mate.
    Had mine 10 years and used and abused it and it still don't leak!
    Pricey but worth it. Buy cheap buy twice 🙂
    http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_Type/Tents/2_Person_Tents/Superlite-Solar-22-432SL.html

beefy

I would recommend a vango tempest 200, had mine for a bit, used it for a 4 day backpack in the lakes, light enough, but withstood a very bad storm up near high raise (supposed to be one of wettest places in uk), goes up in one, ie the inner and outer stay attached.

I would be cautious of too cheap tents, it is your home and you want it to work, if you can afford it then go for terra novas or similar, but if on a bit of a budget then go for the tempest.

montylikesbeer

Worth a go for £70

vango banshee clicky

or for the serious stuff

Marmot grid clicky

Ti29er
    Free Member

Tents: Terra Nova
    Sleeping: Rab
    Boots: Meindl

There are others, but these two English companies (Meindl are German) are absolutely excellent. Top-drawer money, but a life-time of performance, and you see them all the time in the hills both here and abroad.

You would be advised to perhaps read as many articles as tents differ hugely, and a down sleeping bag is for life – not just Wales!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What tent?’ is closed to new replies.