Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tablet for 'er indoors?
  • 40mpg

I’ve been spending quite a lot on bikes recently, so need to redress the balance. The good lady has expressed an interest in a tablet so she can watch telly in the kitchen (her words, not mine!).

It will also be used for internet, ideally be useable with itunes, and watching telly via sky go.

The Microsoft Surface looked a good option to start, with a familiar OS and neat keyboard attachment, but it appears it won’t run Sky Go or Itunes?

Any suggestions? – Wants to be 10″ and budget £250 – £300

the-muffin-man

…ideally be useable with itunes,

That’ll be an iPad you need then!

sweepy
    Free Member

In my experience, assuming she’s a girl then only an ipad will do 🙂 Its that which is going to get me a fatbike if all goes well.

warton
    Free Member

if itunes is a must then an iPad is your only option. if she can live without that, Google nexus IMO.

tthew

Presumably she has an iPhone if iTunes is important, so iPad is the then all the accounts and stuff will just work.

£290 for the most basic iPad 2 at John Lewis at the moment. Mini’s are a bit cheaper, but have an 8″ screeen.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Honestly, anything other than an iPad is skimping.

Imagine, “I know you wanted that new carbon Bronson full sus, but this full sus was only £75 at Halfords… happy birthday!.

I’d chose between a 16Gb Air and a mini, if I were you. I’m not an Apple man (although I’m warming to the work-supplied MBP), but iPad’s just work. Samsung’s equiv. take more getting used to, especially for less tecchie people.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

My missis loves the ipad mini.

Use it for Sky go in hotels and stuff, synch with iTunes.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just gone from iPhone to GS4 and really enjoying it. No plans to go back.

As far as tablets are concerned though, I’d only ever have an iPad.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tablet for 'er indoors?’ is closed to new replies.