• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What sunglasses for riding?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve been using Oakley Racing Jackets with clear lenses for a while – but the frames are giving up the ghost.

Before I buy another pair – is there anything you’d recommend that’ll fit well with a Troy Lee A1 lid? It has low ear coverage, so the arms can’t stick out too far or high.

Will need to fit clear lenses, or photochromatic lenses….

Cheers

Ricks

nairnster
    Free Member

I like my POC Crave, but not sure how well they will fit with your helmet.

I use them with a Fox Flux and they only just go on as the top of the frames touch the front of the helmet.

mooman
    Free Member

Oakley radar ev path with photochromic lenses … perfect!

stevextc
    Free Member

I like ones i can afford to lose… 🙁

Potdog
    Free Member

For the money have a look at the Rad8 ones as seen on this website. I love the 504’s that I have at the moment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Radar EV with Prizm.

singlespeedstu

Jawbreaker with clear black iridium photochromic lense.
    Fits well with A1 and clear enough to use on a nightride/ dark enough to use in the sun.
    Also more lens coverage than racing jackets/jawbones.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Was put off by various reports of Oakley warranty since being bought out.

Having used their warranty 14 years ago and being amazed, I almost don’t want to tarnish that memory.

On the flipside, used Smith warranty too – just bought another pair and love the Polaroid lenses.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Wiley X Saint. Green, polarized

Ballistic specs, wonderfully clear lenses too.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have tried a great many, but I will only buy adidas evil eyes now. They are leagues ahead.

qtip

I wear Oakley Jawbreakers with my A1. Great glasses, unrestricted field of vision, very quick to swap lenses, comfortable. Expensive though.

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. If you want a good deal, and aren’t a brand junkie. Try rockbros cycling glasses. They come with 4 lenses from almost clear but with a kinda mirror anti glare type coating,found the lightest tint perfect on trails. other lenses get darker, but are well thought out shades. Comes with detachable arms, an elasticated band that fits into arm holes.They come in a case. I found them to be very comfortable. I been using for a couple of years on my MTB on trails. Can pick them up for under £10. They don’t look rubbish either.so good not long bought a new set

rOcKeTdOg

Rad8 mtb glasses, been riding the 504 photochromics with an A1 & they are great, just forget they are on they’re so comfy. Go totally clear too so use for night riding aswell. Best 3 season shades I’ve used http://www.rad8.co.uk

jruk
    Free Member

Have a look at Uvex. I think mine are 109s and come with three lenses – the clear ones are the only lenses I’ve tried that don’t steam up really easily. Great for £40ish. Bit of a pain to change lenses tbh so if you’re swapping all the time buy two pairs but for that price not a crazy idea.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bolle safety specs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0024R0U3O/ref=twister_B01M4RYM2F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.bolle-safety.com/model/contour

The “shades” lens in the Amazon listing is the ‘smoke’ which isn’t polarized but not found that an issue and not sure it’s that great for riding anyway (there is a polarized version but it’s a fair bit more expensive). Good UV rating and being safety specs they have good impact rating meeting work safety standards for outdoor use. Though I use the ESP mostly for riding in daylight. Cuts down on blue light glare but isn’t too dark when in the trees. Clear lens for night rides.

Dirt cheap so can just replace when I scratch them up, lose them or run over with the car/bike having dropped them (done all of these, and to way more expensive glasses).

benp1

I have quite a few pairs of replaceable lens glasses, more than I need! Madison, Oakley Radars, plus some cheapo sets too

Currently using Oakley Flak 2.0 with prizm lenses, I actually have 2 pairs so that I can have one with the road prizm lenses in and one with the trail prizm lenses in!

It’s finally got light/sunny enough to wear them

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What sunglasses for riding?’ is closed to new replies.