Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What "stick" vacuum cleaner?
  • Kryton57

You can blame DD for this 🙂

I was ready to buy a Dyson DC35…

..when DD told me some inside stuff. So I’ve come to an inappropriate forum to ask what stick vacuum for sucking up occasional crumbs from wooden floors?

Kryton57

Oh come on, I can’t believe the STW massive don’t have an opinion on vacuum cleaners. There must be some kind of must have “ihoover” owned by middle class executives…

z1ppy

of course there is an opinion, but unless it Miele cat and dog, it’s wrong. Don’t need a stick one when you have a proper vac!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Ooh what inside stuff as they are on my list to buy as well- fed up of sweeping dog tumbleweed up
    Are they made of cheesy vortexes?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doesn’t the daily bring her own with her?

😕

geoffj

Something from here – http://www.vaxsale.co.uk/login/

Use STAFFSALE13 to get in.

brakes
    Free Member

by the looks of that picture you need three arms to operate it – now that’s niche.

are you that lazy that you can’t be arsed getting the proper vaccuum cleaner out?
    either that, or get a dustpan and brush.

unovolo
    Free Member

Gadgetshow on 5 did a review on stick vacs this week, they only rated 2 of them ,the Dyson above and some Vax one.

Not a fan of Dysons but the stick one was the only one that actually appeared to pick up stuff the others just seemed to spread it further around the floor.

Despite the above there would have to be a really compelling reason not to buy a normal vac.

Kryton57

brakes – Member

are you that lazy that you can’t be arsed getting the proper vaccuum cleaner out?
    either that, or get a dustpan and brush.

I have 2 young kids – the convenience of getting this out and hoovering up crumbs immediately is IMO valuable.

Geoffj – thanks!

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Doesn’t the daily bring her own with her?

I think you’ve built a picture of me solely based on the rum I drink.

eskay

I have a dc40, it is amazing, it has virtually replaced our dc09.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah yes, Eclipse. Silly me.

What does Waynetta want you to steal buy, then?

😉

Kryton57

Lol.

It’s XO tonight *sip*.

Still now I’ve mentioned it Mrs K has decided that a cleaner is a good idea instead of an additional vacuum. I just have to work out how I can trust someone with our house keys.

john_drummer
    Free Member

hoovering up crumbs

isn’t that what the DustBuster was made for?

Kryton57

Our DustBuster died.

Things have moved on. She’s decided that if I could earn another £30k a year she’s happy to be a housewife and keep the place tidy.

It’s easier to by the Dyson.

twoniner
    Free Member

I have the above Dyson, mounts on the wall for charging and it’s brilliant for a quick whip round. We have a large oak floor and it doeas the job a treat. Handy for the car too. Binned the large upright ages ago and not looked back.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What "stick" vacuum cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.