• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What Steel framed mile muncher?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

After riding fat for a while i’m down sizing to a 650+ or 29er.

Wanting to keep things simple and for the mo will prob set it up singlespeed and rigid.

Long distance natural riding rather than bike park / trail centre hooning…

so whats good at the mo?

ssboggy

Stanton Sherpa 😀

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Haha yep the Sherpa is indeed at the top of the list!

should have had yours away last night to save it from punishing you again! 😆

ssboggy

Seriously though, have you looked at the Singular Swift, the rigid fork’s are excellent as is the ebb for running single speed, or a Stooge for a slacker front end.

oldnpastit

Singular swift? If rigid single speed is what you really want.

(I have both a swift and a sherpa).

kcal

Swift works for me, first arrived as 650b+ which I really enjoyed (my other MTBs were both from the 90s, max. 2.1 tyres due to chain stay clearance, V brakes at rear due to no brake mountings, complete revelation.

Currently it’s sitting as a 29r with budget 29r wheels and must say I enjoy it equally, really works for eating up the miles…

benp1

Salsa El Mariachi here with Fargo forks, set up SS

Not a mile muncher though, use my HT Solaris for that, my El Mar is used for local stuff where gears and suspension aren’t quite warranted

swavis

Having just taken delivery of and building up a Stanton Sherpa I’m going to say a Stanton Sherpa 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Tffxa1]First ride on the Sherpa[/url] by Gavin Belton, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S2mUMS]First ride on the Sherpa[/url] by Gavin Belton, on Flickr

vondally
    Free Member

Ritchey P 29

Or
    Stooge

Own both and both are fab.

gummikuh

Genesis Longitude, available as a F+F so you can simply swap all the parts you have over. I took mine over Long Mynd last Sunday and it was OK, it coped really well although it was a little out of its depth on the descents (or maybe that was me).

NormalMan

Karate Monkey.

SaxonRider

Genesis Tarn. I was tempted by the longitude, but glad I went with the Tarn in the end.

Quite like the looks of that Sherpa!

ton

ogre.

kcal

nice bike mister @swavis..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What Steel framed mile muncher?’ is closed to new replies.