Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What steel frame?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

Hi i have just joined the forum as i picked up a copy of your magazine for the first time today and thought it was great,
    Im getting back into riding again as i have been busy with work etc for the last few years, i have been looking at stock bikes and there is nothing that really takes my fancy.
    I have decided that i want to build up a steel frame hard tail, but what frame? I have so far looked at the Kinesis decade virsa, the on-one 456 and the Ragley blue pig.
    Could anybody recomend one of these frames or maybe another steel frame i may have overlooked.
    cheers

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Merlin Rock Lobster 853? I love mine.

On the lighter side though, so excellent if you’re a bit whippety, and not quite as long in the top-tube as some other frames, so suits me perfectly. Handles really well in tight twisty technical stuff. Nice springiness to it too.

toys19
    Free Member

I would say you have to look at Cotic who have been at the forefront of the nu-steel movement. If you look carefully at Cotic frames you will see they have major design features and some little tweaks that lead to a quality ride and quality owner experience, which is a cut above the rest. I have a BFe and would happily buy another when the need arises (or a Soul).

tommy19
    Free Member

i will have a look at cotic, im ringing the bike shop tommorow to place my order so any help now is great
    cheers

toys19
    Free Member

you can buy direct from cotic.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Orange P7
    Cotic Soul
    Evil Sov
    Blue pig

bol

Really depends on the sort of riding you want to do, but the Cotic Soul is probably the most versatile of the options suggested. Really quick xc bike with 100mm forks, handle most things trail bike with 120-140. Light, nicely finished and easy to sell on if ou don’t get on with it for some reason. Gets my vote anyway.

brooess
    Free Member

Another vote for Soul. Versatile and really just a lovely bike to ride.
    However I highly recommend riding some built up versions of these bikes before you make a decision as they’re all quite different

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What steel frame?’ is closed to new replies.