Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What SS 29er frame
  • flashes
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling a few bikes to reduce the fleet, so I might sell the 3 X 26″ wheeled bikes and replace it with a 29er. I have a Karate Monkey, which I ride fixed but before going to buy another, what else should I consider, lighter would be nice. It would be for XC and some “racing” , used would be fine…….

Bregante

Scandal if you can find one

flashes
    Free Member

That would be a poss, cheers….

ontor
    Free Member

*Hijack* Any pics/details of the fixed KM. Been thinking about doing just that!

Was just sat here working out ratios.

tazzymtb

Salsa selma if you can find a second hand one. I kow a man that had 2 framea he bought mine after I went ti. It was loads better tham my scandals (I had 2, one normal and one wierd fixie prototype)

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Surly ogre lol like a KM but bigger

Clink

Voodoo Bizango?

djflexure

Billy’s still had some new Selmas last time I looked.

flashes
    Free Member

Like the idea of the Selma. I run 32 X 18 on the fixed, prob most used of my bikes, great fun…this was just approaching the food station at Charlie’s Gravel Dash last year ( hence the grin)…….

ontor
    Free Member

Hmm, I like that, toddles over to velosolo…

flashes
    Free Member

Drat, they have but only in 18″ and at a good price. I need 16″……

singlecrack
    Free Member

Stooge …

Clink

Stooge …

Only a blue one though …purple ones are rubbish!

epicyclo

Bregante – Member
    Scandal if you can find one

^^ +1

flashes
    Free Member

Looked into a Stooge, but not keen on 1 size fits all, it didn’t with the Jones and I’m not a fan of EBB’s.
    Was thinking I have no 29er disc wheels, so if I need to factor in wheels, I may think about a Krampus………..

creamegg
    Free Member

I’ve got a Niner Air 9 (alloy) in medium that im thinking of selling as I rarely ride it due to preferring my full suss. Email in profile if interested

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ll throw in the Salsa El Marachii into the mix. But if you can find a Selma…buy it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If you’re not riding fixed, than anything, with a Singulator. I’ve got fed up with sliding dropouts, track-ends, EBBs, stretched chains, slipping chainrings, so figured a spring-loaded Singulator self-adjusts so I don’t have to. Also gave me a huge amount more choice of bike-frames.

Presently on a Fortitude Race with a Rohloff hub.

ianpv
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium V2 scandal frame in black that I’m selling (not got round to advertising it) – email in profile.

They’re nice! I replaced with a solaris which I like a little more, but it is noticeably heavier…

wilsation
    Free Member

I love my El Mariachi, ride it rigid ss in the winter and 1×10 120mm fork in the summer. All my other bikes are pretty much redundant

brianp
    Free Member

Billy’s have the El Marichi on offer, small size only, £329. null

flashes
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem with sliding dropouts. I have them on most of my bikes (road and MTB).
    creamegg, I’ll email from home later.
    Ianpv, same.poss too big.
    Brian P, Ta. I’ll have a look

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What SS 29er frame’ is closed to new replies.