Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What spirit are you drinking? Not Scotch Whisky.
  • athgray
    Free Member

I am partial to the odd dram, however what are people drinking that is not Scotch whisky. Other whiskey allowed.
    Yamazaki, Bushmills and Angostura rum are all nice IMO.

meehaja
    Free Member

some st lucian rum my dad bought back with him. its nice.

peteimpreza

Hennessey XO

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve some Buffalo Trace on the shelf but I’m out early tomorrow so giving it a miss.

sparksmcguff

Angostura rum – looked good on the supermarket shelf, ended up trying appleton estate as a compromise. Tastes alright.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hennessey XO

I’m sure it’s great, but it’s not cheap! Had some lovely Méry et Fils Vieille Réserve Cognac over the Christmas period, about a 1/3 of the price of the Hennessey XO.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Polish burnt caramel vodka. I drank it all, but then my Father in Law arrived with another bottle

?(´??)?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Despite having over a dozen whiskeys on my shelf I’m really enjoying Camus XO cognac and Ron de Jeremy rum. The later was a novelty gift for Christmas and was surprised at just how good it is.

peteimpreza

@ whatnobeer

What is your point exactly? Pointless statement if you have not tried the Hennessey XO.

The VSOP is much cheaper but no where as good.

Reluctant
    Free Member

More of a liquor than a spirit, but well stuck into a bottle of Cointreau here. Easy drinking, sweet, sticky and warming……. 😀

Keva
    Free Member

Rich, that bottle is drawing me in, where’ d’you get it from, never seen it before?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I got a taste for Gentleman Jack Daniels when I was last in the States and have a bottle of that in my study. Might well have a little snifter later.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ron Zacappa 23 yr old rum.

brack
    Free Member

Rum

Appletons – grazing
    Bundy – razor blades but I love it
    La Havanna – for special times
    Krakken – my downfall

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Loving the Cointreau here too.
    Perfect evening tipple to warm your body and soothe your mind.

Sublime.

Coyote
    Free Member

Tequila.Cuervo Gold. Yummy.

brack
    Free Member

Tequila – now that stuff very nearly killed me… Or shall I say nearly caused an untimely death.

Kabul- 3am-face down – sewage ditch-robbed-alone-hail taxi-wake up- soiled-colleague stands barefoot in mess – set up drips in back of helicopter (my job) – alcohol poison for 3 days.

Will I drink tequilla again

NEVER ;@))

organic355
    Free Member

Started on the Havana 7, finished that, went to the Havana 3, finished that went to the bacardi!.

I blame the sore head on the bacardi! Poured the rest down the sink this morning.

zokes
    Free Member

Hellyer’s Road, North Tassie

Lark, South Tassie

New Zealand are in on the act too!

Even the Adeladians make a very fine drop (and christ knows how, given the water here):

And of course:

Who needs Scottish scotch?

mrmoofo

Good bourbons

Buffalo Trace – as mentioned earlier
    Knob Creek
    Maker’s Mark
    Woodford Reserve

Also partial to Irish Whiskey
    Jamos
    Paddy
    Bushmill is getting too near scotch – but ok

chakaping
    Free Member

Grand Duque d’Alba, Jerez brandy – very refined and has that lovely Jerez tang.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mount Gay XO

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What is your point exactly? Pointless statement if you have not tried the Hennessey XO.

None really, other than I find it hard to get my head around spending so much for (what I’d expect) to be so little gain. I doubt the Hennessay XO was 3 times as good as the Vieille Réserve. Not Cognac, but I had some 40 year old Caol Ila over Christmas as well, lovely drink, but not more than 10 x as good as the 12 year old.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I miss single malts, for I can’t drink because of meds, I remember Blunderberg and Armagnac too.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

zippykona

Does a Snowball count?

Northwind

Clutch cleaner

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What spirit are you drinking? Not Scotch Whisky.’ is closed to new replies.