Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Specialized Gloves for the current weather conditions?
  • beamers

I have a pair of long fingered Specialized gloves which have provided sterling service for many a winter. The palms are about to give up the ghost and they need replacing. No idea what they are called but they keep my hands warm the moment and whilst not waterproof they do a good job of keeping my hands warm when the are wet.

I'm looking at the Ridge or Gel Long Fingered Glove.

Any idea which pair is likely to be the warmest? I realize that neither are full-on winter specific – I have gloves for those conditions.

TVM

njee20
    Free Member

Neither have any sort of winter protection, so it'll make sod all difference! They're both mesh backed, I've got several pairs of each, the Gels are better gloves, but there really is no difference in warmth.

If they must be Spesh gloves, get some Deflects for this time of year.

Don't know about the Spesh gloves, but the Seal Skins waterproof ones keep hands warm and dry.

alanf
    Free Member

+1 for the seal skinz

leggyblonde
    Free Member

what njee said. I'm using my deflects at the mo for rides and ridges for racing

njee20
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of Gore gloves. The Tool's are nice and warm if a bit bulky, the Alp-X is a slightly thinner and thus cooler one. Not a fan of Seal Skinz at all.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah too cold now IMO most days for Spesh gel long-fingered, I use either Sealskinz MTB or is it's bitterly cold I switch to Spesh Sub-zeros (I find I get cold finger ends in the Sealskinz but they're a lot less bulky than the Sub-zeros).

robarnold
    Free Member

I work at a Specialized dealer, treated myself to a pair of Equinox III gloves a few weeks back. They're similar to the ridge fit-wise (tough palm, gel pads to protect ulna nerve)but have a windproof back and high cuff. They're ace, i've been using them recently commuting in temperatures down to about 4 degress in the early morning and also for night rides on the MTB. They don't compromise control and are uber comfy. I often suffer with numb hands on my droppy from road vibrations and these stop it completely, not had an incedence of it since I got them. The only version I would condsider above them for off-roading would be the Deflect, which is thicker and semi-waterproof back. I would cook in anything thicker in our, mild albeit wet climate.

Hope that helps 8)

njee20
    Free Member

I've got a pair of Spesh Radiant gloves too, they're the only gloves to have when it's really cold. Trying to do anything on the bars is pretty pointless though, you do lose all dexterity!

Go to a shop and try some on, see what fits best, you may find you have long fingers or whatever.

meeeee
    Free Member

i find the spesh equinox ones are fine for me for most of winter / wet weather but my hands usually stay quite warm. The equinox ones are like a thicker ridge glove, not waterproof but warm enough and still allowing lots of dexterity

stumpy01

I've got the Ridge and they are pretty breezy with the thin mesh back. I did look at the Equinox ones at the same time, but figured they would be too warm for riding in most of the time.
    But, they do sound they might be worth a second look now the weather is starting to turn.

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, gloves are one of those items you definitely need at least two pairs of.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Specialized Gloves for the current weather conditions?’ is closed to new replies.