What SPD?

Home Forum Bike Forum What SPD?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What SPD?
  • atlaz

I need to replace my Spec BG shoes but I’m not sure I want another pair of standard disco slippers so what do people recommend. I quite like the look of the Mavic Alpine XL but not sure if there’s something “better”.

atlaz

Bit of a bump

craigxxl

Fit is most important so if you’re happy with Specialized then try others in the range rather than finding out your new all singing shoes hurt your feet after a few miles.

Spesh Rime is well worth a look.

Premier Icon shredder
    Subscriber

Giro Terraduro
    These
    Have replaced my Rimes with these as found the Rimes too well ventilated / too much mesh for our trails (read muck)

slackalice

There were and maybe still are, some good deals on Shimano XC 50’s. They feel sturdier than the Spesh BG’s to me, stiff sole, good protection for an XC shoe and good weight, although not for winter gloop.

These are they:

XC50N

Premier Icon aazlad
    Subscriber

Shimano AM45. Cheap, comfy and last ages.

AM45

grilla

love my Mavic Alpine XL’s, kids think they look like storm trooper boots. Seem to work as cycling shoes too

Premier Icon tom200
    Subscriber

AM45’s are good if you don’t mind the weight/bulk, got mine for about £45.

baldman

Always found Shimano shoes to be good – pick one you like the look / price of from their range (my spesh ones wore out really quickly by comparison).

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

if your going to look at the more skate style shoes consider what pedals you are running. If they flex you will overhang small pedals more. I use 5.10 minaars on my Mallets but it’s back to the BG shoes for the candies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What SPD?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top