Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What sort of file is this, from the following description . . . .
  • BillyWhizz
    Free Member

It supposed to be a video file.

The ext is shown as AVI
    The size is shown as 713MB

but when I try to play it, media player come up with the "the file you are trying to play has an extension that does not match the file format" box

If I proceed media playes plays a 4 sec clip saying "use widows media player"

If I open the file with RealPlayer I get the same error box, and if I say proceed RealPlayer tries to access the internet.

🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Have a look at it from a command shell it may have another extension that you can't see

dawson

something that you have downloaded from BBC iPlayer that is looking for the license to allow you to play it? or something along those lines

samuri
    Free Member

a *possibility* is that the library that encoded it will have placed an identifier in the file. Try open the file in notepad (may take a while), see what it says on the first few lines.

BigJohn

Download the latest DivX codec

or stop downloading pron off Limewire.

househusband

Try vlc player – plays pretty much most codecs.

retro83
    Free Member

there is a program called 'g-spot' which can tell you all the intimate details of a video file

else VLC will probably play it

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

another vote for installing VLC

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Same problem with VLC, but I see now its a licensing issue, as suggested above.

Cheers guys.
    My mate is a c0ck 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What sort of file is this, from the following description . . . .’ is closed to new replies.