Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What sort of brake hose clip or mount is this?
  • simon_g

I’m building up an old Genesis Core 1.0 frame. The rear brake hose mounts on the seatstay are the normal type for the zipties or the c-clips. The ones on the top tube aren’t. They’re like a gear cable one but bigger – large enough to fit the hose in with room to spare.

I found a pic of one with the hose popped out – some sort of rubber thing that goes around the hose so it fits snugly in the mount.

Anyone know what they’re called and where to find some? Thanks.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Looke like might be the same as giant used in the past.
    The hose was held in the guide then the rubber bit slid into the frame mont to lock the hose in place.

Unless they are just casing stops then use that link above. Can’t tell from the pic
    http://jagwire.com/products/v/Stoppers_Loop_Guides

Single end wedge type but they have used the same pic for all which is a shame

simon_g

Thanks – as far as I can tell, it came with hydraulic discs and while they look like old-style cable brake guides, the gap is huge. Easily enough to get a regular hydraulic line in there.

That looks like just the ticket orangeboy – couldn’t find an exact match for the part number but think I’ve found something close enough using similar terms on ebay. Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What sort of brake hose clip or mount is this?’ is closed to new replies.