Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What softshell/windbreaker cycling jacket – and cheap!
  • 40mpg

As it says really. Something to keep a bit of everything out over the winter – mild cold and slight damp. But as everything I wear gets dragged through mud and brambles and looks a state after the first week, I don’t want to spend £200 – more like £20 😀

The Aldi/Lidl jackets have served well in the past, but I’ve missed them this year, so what else is available?

iainc

Howies DFYI covers most of those points

winston
    Free Member
    ibnchris

+ for dfyi, although i think the medium i bought might be a tad small for me.

so if you’re interested its yours for £25 posted

MoreCashThanDash

Dyfi is a great wind jacket.

Still cycling kit in odd sizes in the Ilkeston Aldi

kraftyone
    Free Member

ibnchris – I might be interested in the jacket if OP isn’t… what colour do you have? Feel free to email me rich.onewayticket.clark(at) gmail.com

40mpg

I was thinking more windstopper fabric like Winstons rather than a plastic baggy like the DFYI – so Krafty, ibnchris – its all yours!

benz
    Free Member

Have you a CostCo near you?

Get one of their Kirkland Signature softshell jackets. Stretchy and basically the same jacket as a specific NF one. All for ~£17.

I additionally treated one with Nikwax and it keeps weather out a treat….. Only missing item are some pit-zips, but I can live with that.

lw246
    Free Member

I’ve had a ronhill windproof for the past couple of years that has served me well. Ripped it on brambles earlier this year, but a bit of gaffa tape and it’s been fine.

Think it’s one of these, can be picked up for around 25quid if you look around

40mpg

So I went with Winstons suggestion.

Very nice jacket. It is a **** awful colour though! Kind of vomit/puce. Never mind it will be worn mostly in the dark and I can take it off before I go in the pub. 😀

winston
    Free Member

Good for you

All gone now I see.

Mine is the black one which looks better but isn’t very safe on the road bike. Tried it out for the first time last week and its very warm! Mud brushed off well too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What softshell/windbreaker cycling jacket – and cheap!’ is closed to new replies.