Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What soft elbow pads? Before I buy some g-forms
  • Northwind

I usually wear POC Bones, and they’re fantastic, but for some reason they irritated the underneath of my forearms while I was out in france and now there’s a pressure point on each arm, pretty annoying. Still not quite better after 2 weeks so I’m looking for a backup set.

So I was thinking, might as well go for a lighter weight option, and Gform seem like the winners there. I’ve always struggled with elbow pads, they mostly seem bulky and sweaty and restrictive. But Troy Lee EG5550 looks interesting too. Ideally hoping for some reviews and alternatives because I haven’t a clue what’s good.

Not wanting to go too minimal though, I wear pads because I’ve got osteoperosis and I’m fed up of breaking bits 😆

Tracey

After trying some G Forms for three weeks in the Alps including some big crashes we bit the bullet when we got back and bought some for all of us. Got them direct from the G Form online shop as they worked out better with their discount for arm, leg and shin pads and found a code for even more off them. I didnt believe they would work so was surprised at how comfy they were and how they worked when needed

edit. Found the code for further 15% off
    G-OFLY12

jezketley
    Free Member

I have had a pair of g forms for 18 months or so and tend wear them every ride as I don’t really notice them until needed. Comfy. Last well. But I have not tried others to compare against or felt the need to. The knee ones are good as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

POC VPD here. Pretty happy with them, but I tend to only use them for uplift days, or the get put on for bigger rocks etc. Not really worn all day.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I needed some knee pads originally so bought the Troy Lees and i was so impressed with them i bought the elbow pads to replace my 661 evos.

They’ve got a hard plastic insert but are so comfortable you forget they’re on and most importantly they never slip down 8)

robhughes
    Free Member

Got 661 evo G30’s and they are superb.Don’t even know you’ve got them on NW.

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Leatt elbow guard 3DF. Fantastic protection.
    Don’t know you’re wearing them, they’re not hot, dont move around and washes up like new. They’re even pretty good value.
    Come up a little on the large side.

robhughes
    Free Member

That should read D30 😳
    The old ones though.Not the bigger new ones
    link

gogg
    Free Member

RaceFace Indy D3O very comfortable to ride in, not been off yet to test them properly.

dudeofdoom

+1 for The troy lees…

Also bought the knee ones and was so impressed ended up getting the elbows.

I’ll usually pop them on then do the 7 miles to Ashton court do some riding for a few hours and ride home wiv it all still on it’s very comfy and not too stormtrooper.

poah
    Free Member

the gforce pads are not CE rated though ulike the majority of the other minimilst pads.

seadog101

Dianese Trailskins for me. I thought that they’d feel a lot chunkier when wearing them, but really quite comfy. Saved my elbows when, somehow, I completely stuffed up a berm, fell, and landed really heavily. Still had a graze, but if I wasn’t wearing them it would have been an A and E visit, with full scrubbing brush treatment.

matther01
    Free Member

Are the Troy Lee ones mentioned above the E-lites or shock doctors? Looking for a pair myself and stuck between fox enduros and the TLD E-lites

sp654233
    Free Member

I agree with seadog, I’m getting on really well with my trailskins too.

dudeofdoom

@matther01 mine are shock doctor .

crashmagnet
    Free Member

just tried that g-form voucher code, doesn’t work now 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What soft elbow pads? Before I buy some g-forms’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts