Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What small road bike pump?
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Pump for back pocket for road rides
    Recommendations?

iainc

Lezyne pressure drive is great. But use the cage mount as pumps in pockets can wreck spines in a fall 😯

cheers_drive

Lenzyne pressure drive. Just make sure your valve cores are well screwed in

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use a Giant one. Very pleased so far. On a cage mount, as mentioned above.

benji
    Free Member

Another vote for Leyzene pressure drive, can also buy spare mounts of you have more than one bike, just remember to check you’ve put it on the bike you are riding 😳

globalti
    Free Member

Why a pump? I’ve gone over to carrying a spare inner tube and a couple of CO2 cylinders with a dispenser trigger thingy, which inflates the tyre to over 100 lbs with no effort in about two seconds. The only downside is that you need to be careful that the tube isn’t trapped outside the bead as you inflate. If I’m out with my son or my buddy we’ve got three or four cylinders and one spare tube each between us as well as quick patches so in the unlikely event that we suffer a puncture fest and run out of gas we will have to wait until a kind cyclist comes along with a pump or shoulder the bike and hitch home.

lunge

I’ve got a Topeak Race Rocket which is OK. However, it’s very much an emergency job as I generally use Co2.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

The other downside with CO2 canisters is that they are an extremely wasteful way to inflate your tyres. You know, should you care about the “environment” or whatever.

I like my Topeak masterblaster I think it’s called.

fasthaggis

I have been using the CB Gem mini ,I is liking it .

Scale image ^^ 🙂

TiRed

Lezyne pressure drive in an Elite Tool Bottle. Topeak Micro Rocket Carbon in my purpose built back pocket tool pouch (aka pencil case).

I always carry two tubes and two CO2 cartridges. So neither pump have yet to be called into use!

therevokid
    Free Member

lezyne road drive cfh … co2 AND normal pump in one package 🙂

TiRed

Spot the pump 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The other downside with CO2 canisters is that they are an extremely wasteful way to inflate your tyres. You know, should you care about the “environment” or whatever.

True, but they’re easily recylable steel, the CO2 is a waste product, and I probably use 4-5 a year? It’s probably the same environmental impacts as a mars bar*.

I’ve got some tiny topeak thing as a backup, but it’s a PITA. Before CO2 I had a blackburn frame pump, mini-pumps are horrendous torture devices and only good as a last resort IMO!

*may not be true

MrSalmon
    Free Member

If you are flexible on your fits-in-a-pocket criteria you could get one that might actually let you get your tyres back up to a decent pressure!
    I’ve got a Bontrager Air Support that goes on one of those brackets on the bottle cage mounts. Admittedly I’ve only used it once but I was surprised how well it worked- certainly compared to my old Topeak Pocket Rocket, which was lovely and small but not very good for actually pumping up tyres.

TiRed

Fixed the link – and cropped the picture!

vincienup
    Free Member

I picked up one of the planet x ‘phaart’ mini pumps to keep in my work bag for the thankfully infrequent flattings while inbound to work (never on the way home for some reason)

Based on this and a few others I’ve tried, I’d echo the ‘maybe a bigger pump is a better idea’. It easily gets a 700×28 up to about 70, but you really work for the rest.

I’d be happy to hear of a petite 8″ or so pump that isn’t stupidly expensive or reliant on CO2 that quickly and easily gets a roady/CX tyre up to 80-100psi.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What small road bike pump?’ is closed to new replies.