Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What small day pack?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I want to new pack which will fit a pump, couple of tubes, multi-tool, small waterproof coat, keys, wallet and phone.

I mostly ride DH and so am never too far from the car and where possible don’t take a bag, however I’m going to Morzine in June and want to keep the pack as small as possible (so I’m not tempted to carry anything I won’t need!), so will the Camelbak Consigliere, Evoc CC 10 Litre, Dakine Amp 8L, etc be big enough or do I need to look at the Camelbak Mule, Evoc CC16 Litre, Dakine Nomad, etc

Depending which size I need what would you recommend? Thanks.

tonyd

I’ve got an Osprey Talon, 10 litre or so which is great. They now do a ‘Raptor’ which looks a little better than the Talon for biking – you can get 6 or 10 litre (or bigger) and it has a panel loader thing on it as opposed to an elasticated drawstring which is a bit useless when biking IMO.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

If you can find one and can warrant the money, I’d persinally go for a Wingnut. Best pack I’ve ever used (and I’ve used Dakine, Camelbak, Deuter, Thor, Karrimor, Hydrapak…)

Otherwise Dakine packs seem good with lots of genuinely useful bells and whistles (the Nomad sounds like it could work for you), and I personally think Deuter bags are great in a far more minimal, well designed way.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have a Dakine Session for the local loop. Reservoir is 2L overall footprint is less than a sheet of A3 plenty of room for the usual. Great harness the pack stays put at all times and makes a very comfortable cushion to fall on in the event of an off.

+1 for Deuter can be used for other activites apart from biking. Also have a Inov8 25 litre sack which takes a reservoir and is great for multisports.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

camelback blowfish are good and are only forty squids in liesure lakes in sale.nice and compact and well designed and they have the advantage that you can expand them to carry more by undoing a zip for longer trips.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What small day pack?’ is closed to new replies.