Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What small 2ndhand van; Connect, Caddy, Berlingo etc?
  • m1kea
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a small van to shift gear about and even possibly transport bikes on longer trips.

Don’t want an old banger so something around 4 – 8 years old and ideally under £5K.

Anyone any experience of this sector and any recommendations?

TIA

Pigface
    Free Member

I picked up a Berlingo to cart my trials bike about, it is the Peugeot 1900 diesel lump without a turbo. Does the job I want it to do fine. Bit agricultural Caddys are nice to drive but expensive. Connects are ok, we use some in work but from what info I could get off the net can be problematic.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I bought a 3 year old Peugeot partner for 3800 quid with 38k on clock.

At the time a caddy of the same price was 4 years older – mostly rough as **** interior and nearer 100k on te clock

Had the pug for 7 years now.

Rarely wants for owt bar tires and front brake pads…it really like brake pads.

Looking for another shortly.

My only advice is that no matter how little you think you will use the rear seats ….I’d still buy the multi space all day long over another van- based on the wife having one exactly the same spec as the van.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    m1kea
    Free Member

Pigface

Connects are ok, we use some in work but from what info I could get off the net can be problematic.

Cheers

Any obvious gotchas as I don’t want to have to faf about with maintenance (too much).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What small 2ndhand van; Connect, Caddy, Berlingo etc?’ is closed to new replies.