Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • What slackish 160mm travel freeridey/minidh/trailcenterrazzer frame?
  • toys19
    Free Member

So I have some fox van r’s 160 nice wheels brakes cranks etc, just need a full suspension frame of similar travel (16omm) to stick it all on for freeridey/minidh/trailcenterrazzing? Lightish, but slack and tough?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Ti Brodie Holeshot 😉

Brodie Ti Holeshot by srbwilson, on Flickr

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah I cannot see how the rear suspension works on that one, and it doesn’t look very slack..

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh I love these threads 😛 pulls up a chair . . . but Toys don’t you have several of those already?

Actually I reckon one of these would be pretty damn perfect . . .

140mm rear and ran mine with u-turn Lyriks (140-160 spot on).

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Just got a Banshee Spitfire, not 160 at the back, but designed to run 160 forks. Immense bit of kit.

wl
    Free Member

Orange Alpine 160. Or maybe a Blood.

toys19
    Free Member

Mama, I’m selling my battery and sold my bullits, want something lighter for the climbing, and maybe with slightly more sophisticated suspenders..

sv

Spesh Pitch.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was going to say Blood. Especially if you already have a proper big bike and just want another fun bike for the hell of it.

psychle
    Free Member

My default answer – Mojo HD 8)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah right – wish I’d known – I so want another Bullit. I reckon the Commencal sounds just what you’re looking for – paid £750 for my frame from Bike Active including seat and post, a free pair of Shimano DX pedals and geared and singlespeed dropouts. Still don’t know why I sold it (do I ever? 🙄 ) – I suppose if I’m honest it used to bug me a bit that I couldn’t use the supplied b/b bearing covers and iscg mount as I run square taper cranks, and the iscg adaptor I used, tended to slip a little – aside from that it was an awesome do it all bike.

This was mine . . .

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

SC Nomad. Designed for 160mm forks but will take 180mm. 160mm at the back. Robust enough for quite a few to be used on the Scottish DH circuit, but if you don’t build it too heavy it’s not much harder to pedal uphill than a Blur LT

toys19
    Free Member

mama mine was an older bullit. If thats what you want you might still be in with a chance as I know where there is another small 2006 bullit (last of the old style) going cheapish. Email me toys19 at hotmail dot com.

What is that commencal??
    Edit got it aboslut SX – but I cannot find what travel it is?

wl
    Free Member

Aren’t miniDH and trail centre razzer two worlds apart?

mamadirt
    Free Member

It’s a Commencal Absolut SX – http://www.bikeactive.com/ – click on Commencal Bikes about 1/4 of the way down the page on the left hand side (can’t seem to link to the actual info page). YGM 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I sound like a broken record…

Marin Wolf Ridge here on Wotans.

Otherwise a Spesh Pitch is well worth seeking out for not a lot of cash.

Bregante

Transition Covert?

toys19
    Free Member

Bregante, I was thinking the same…

Mama ygm back

messiah
    Free Member

Helius AM

Bregante

Not ridden the Covert but from reviews I’ve read it’s much the same as a Nomad and last time I looked, they were £1200 but just checked and they seem to have gone up (what hasn’t). Still the same price as an Orange Five frame though 😯

messiah
    Free Member

Ti Brodie Holeshot

New pants for messiah 😳

jimjam
    Free Member

Light – check. Slack – check. Tough – check. Freeridey/minidh/trailcenterrazzing? – check.

Some advertising.

chay
    Free Member

i reckon the newer attack trail, 150mm on the back and a set of 160 lyriks, its awesome. Had a 2008 attack trail, thought it was perfect until i got a 2010 frame replacement, wicked toy!

RHSno2
    Free Member

I just got me a S-Works 2011 Enduro.

Buy an Enduro. Un fricking believable.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Given what you’re describing, you need a Blood 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I really like the look of the carbon Enduros, but they only come with the Spesh fork don’t they?

Even in that vid Brendan F and his mates who are sponsored by Spesh have swapped the fork for Lyriks.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Yeah I cannot see how the rear suspension works on that one, and it doesn’t look very slack..

It is slacker than most of what’s been posted on here, 66.5 at 140mm 36’s. It was also tongue in cheek..

jimjam
    Free Member

chakaping

I really like the look of the carbon Enduros, but they only come with the Spesh fork don’t they?

In the UK & Ireland they are complete build only. Rest of the world, you can get them as a frame only option.

Even in that vid Brendan F and his mates who are sponsored by Spesh have swapped the fork for Lyriks.

They are also sponsored by Rockshox, but if previous offerings are anything to go by, the Spesh fork would be dick. Maybe a sympathetic dealer would discount a bike by a few hundred quid if he kept the fork.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It is slacker than most of what’s been posted on here, 66.5 at 140mm 36’s. It was also tongue in cheek..

Si, why not the chumba evo 2? Where is it? Is there an ETA yet? Has it been canned?

toys19
    Free Member

It was also tongue in cheek..

Si so was my response 😆

Just lookign orange blood looks v similar to the commencal absolut SX and the bottlerocket. Hmmmmmmm likey likey. And the commencal is 750 at bike active hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

trusty

I’d say something for mini DH is probably too heavy for trail centre mincing, and therefore gives you the excuse to buy 2 bikes 😈 if not the Titus bikes on On-One are good value for something different. I’ve got an FTM and it’s great. The El Guappo would build up nicely if you wanted something bigger…

chakaping
    Free Member

They are also sponsored by Rockshox, but if previous offerings are anything to go by, the Spesh fork would be dick.

Innit. I was close to buying a discounted 2010 one a while ago, but they’re not doing themselves any favours putting that noodly looking thing on it to save a few grams.

Lifted an alu Enduro up at CyB the other week and was suprised how little that weighed though. Would definitely be on my list if I wasn’t entirely happy with my current bikes.

toys19
    Free Member

Well I said mini dh just make thing more difficult. I have a full on DH bike..

slowrider
    Free Member

you also said freeridey. does anyone even do that any more? you are sooooo last decade, its all about slopestyle now!!

toys19
    Free Member

Well I really want a bike I can ride up afan and do the afan black run on and ride anything where really you wish you had a dh bike but have to climb to get there, which is essentially what riding a mountain bike is really about for me..
    (So a Dh bike with a built in self uplift if ya know what I mean)

I just didn’t know how to describe my riding to fit into all of today’s niches..

nickf
    Free Member

Well I really want a bike I can ride up afan and do the afan black run on and ride anything where really you wish you had a dh bike but have to climb to get there, which is essentially what riding a mountain bike is really about for me..
    (So a Dh bike with a built in self uplift if ya know what I mean)

Patriot with a double & bash, running either Fox 36 @ 160 or stick some triples on for really big days out.

chay
    Free Member

IMAG0084

worth a look. not bad for a warranty frame replacement.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Well I really want a bike I can ride up afan and do the afan black run on and ride anything where really you wish you had a dh bike but have to climb to get there, which is essentially what riding a mountain bike is really about for me.

Intense Slopestyle then. Wonder where mine is now 😕 . Saw it for sale on pinkbike.com last month but no cash or I’d have bought it back 🙁 . Tazer’s back in the fold so it’s only a matter of time . . . 😈

Northwind

In the finest traditions of recommending what you already have, I’d suggest a Cotic Hemlock. Ticks all your boxes perfectly. Mine’s raced downhill * and done a tour de france climb :mrgreen: And later in the year we’re off to fort william for the Hope endurance DH.

67 degrees HA as standard with a 160 fork which isn’t all that slack, but the 1.5 headtube allows a reducer headset so mine with its Lyriks sits somewhere between 65 and 65.5. Though to be fair, I do use the u-turn a bit, as I found that it’s slightly hard work to keep on track on sleep climbs, and I didn’t want to sacrifice the descending with a longer stem.

(* yes I was slow. No it wasn’t the bike’s fault)

toys19
    Free Member

Intense slopestyle, hemlock. Interesting. Googleing…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What slackish 160mm travel freeridey/minidh/trailcenterrazzer frame?’ is closed to new replies.