Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What ski gloves?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Having just checked and found 3 odd gloves (an carefully put back incase I do find the other half), I’m on the need for a new pair of gloves. Bloody pricey compared to riding gloves – I can’t need to spend £60+ on them surely?
    Recommendations? – black preferably, and with a touch screen finger on them.
    Cheers

globalti
    Free Member

Been using the same Ami Chaud gloves now since 1996, so that’s at least 19 Alpine winter weeks, not including all the trips to Scotland. They’re still warm and dry.

peekay

Hestra Army Heli gloves. Pricey, but the best. In resort you will usually see guides and lifties wearing them.
    Assuming you don’t loose them, you should never need to buy gloves again as they last a lifetime.

Other options are to see what TK Maxx have in, or buy some insulated leather work gloves for about £10 and pop some nikwax on them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    willard

I just bought some Hestra Army ones for about 80 quid because they came highly recommended and i had some spare cash.

I’ll let you now how they do when I get to Canadia next week.

CraigW
    Free Member

Aldi had some a week or two ago, could be worth a look.

scotroutes

Decathlon?

DezB
    Free Member

I just sold some Level gloves on Ebay for £10, there must be others on there for similar prices.

willard

The Decathlon ones look ok and they do have Saloman in there for cheap too.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

generally whichever goretex ones txmaxx have in, or at least a decent branded pair at a good discount off rrp

two £25 pair of gloves is a better bet than a £50 pair IMHO

Rockape63
    Free Member

at this rate you won’t need gloves…maybe your fingerless mtb ones then!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Kinco gloves are work gloves that people realised are really good as ski gloves. Think they do a couple of actual ski gloves now, but they are still work gloves prices. Loads of leather. Really good.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Like jackets and Sallowest, cheap gloves are as good as expensive ones these day’s, they just don’t last as long. These days I get the cheaper end of the market and replace more often. Performs every bit as good as the properly expensive stuff in terms of breathability, waterproofness, features and warmth, and as you replace it often you stay bang on trend!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ski shops in resorts usually have bucket loads of gloves of all kinds of prices. I’ve often picked some up in a bargain bin. I never really need them, but they look and feel nice so I end up with another pair. Now I’ve got loads, especially as occasionally get some given as presents. Useful having a couple on a trip anyway in case one gets lost, plus they get smelly after a few days.

Also try TK Maxx. They do ski stuff on and off and sometimes may have gloves.

All you really want is something that fits nicely, is warm, breathable but is also reasonably waterproof if you are stuck on a lift in a white out. Doesn’t have to be expensive to tick those boxes.

starrman82
    Free Member

I bought some cheap Nevica gloves on Amazon about 4 years & intended to get a more expensive pair when I saw some I liked. Still using them, they’re water proof warm & durable, nothing not to like.

ads678

I tend to wear mitts as I detatched a tendon between my fingers once so am supposed to tape my fingers together when I do sport, but I do find mitts warmer than gloves.

I have some level ones from TKMaxx for about £20 that are great , super warm and very dry. I also have some Oakley ones that I’ve only used a couple of times but also seem pretty good.

Leather and Goretex FTW though.

Spin
    Free Member

Any cheap as chips gloves for piste skiing. It doesn’t place many demands on gloves and you can dry them out every night if needs be.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I like the Dakine ones myself – reasonably priced and not as bulky as some – if I need more warm I take some liners.

Earl
    Free Member

Leather mitt.

piemonster

Hestra for me

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hestra + 1 for me got some 10 yr old ish ones. Still going strong, they are warm and not bulky

I always go Gore Tex with ski gloves

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What ski gloves?’ is closed to new replies.