Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What size Vitus and anyone got a Chainreactioncycles discount code ;-)
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Been looking at the Vitus Vee 29er. They only come in 16″ or 19″ and I’m 5ft 10.

Mountain bikes I’d normally be between those two at a 17″ or 18″.

I realise its not strictly an mtb so what size do people reckon? Anyone bought one?

Plus, the cheeky bit….has anyone got a discount code for CRC….the time I want to spend a fair wedge of cash with them and there’s none of their usual discounts advertised 🙁

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Bump….

Just can’t figure out what size. Anyone tried one?

andyrm
    Free Member

Dunno about bike size but I have a crc voucher thing on my desk at work – will post up in the morning for you 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Nice one Andy, thanks!

Seems a bit odd to have a 3″ gap between sizes. The only thing I’ve managed to find is a review of the 26er and the reviewer who was 190cm tall needed a 450mm seatpost.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Anyone know what size the one Singletrack (Benji Haworth) tested??

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Here is mine 19″ I am 6’1″ and its used mostly for commuting on roads/cyclepaths and dirt tracks its no road bike but its a bit of a gate for proper off-roading.

Vitus Vee 29er by Tyred Cyclist, on Flickr

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ and mine is a 16″, its a great bike, I got mine for £250 as they were selling for £270 plus I had a £20 discount voucher. Use mine for tow path, trips into town, backies to school. For proper off road the fork is HiTen so a little stiff, and if your thinking of upgrading at any point the rear wheel is 120mm, smallest chainring you could run on its crank is 39t.
    I’d be interested to hear what the STW review said as they had it in the mag as a brief article with long term test to follow, but that article is Premier only 🙁

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 10 so pretty much in between you two guys

Tracey

XIXJF5J9
    £10 of £75

andyrm
    Free Member

As promised, here’s my code:

VKYI52L2

🙂

kuman
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and have 19″ one so no help on size here. Brilliant bike, fun to ride. I use it for commuting, cycle paths, local dirt tracks and some singletrack in local woods.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

So….I seem to have just pressed the button on a 19″…..good job it took me a couple of days to figure out the sizing – they reduced it 10% in that time.

Thanks for the voucher codes too Andy/Tracey – I used one of those too 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

qwerty – will I get flamed for realing Premier content??? 😉 It basically said a short stem was a good move and aside from that it got a generally good write up.

Think there’s a review on Bikeradar too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What size Vitus and anyone got a Chainreactioncycles discount code ;-)’ is closed to new replies.