Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What size Santa Cruz do you ride? Lanky 6'2" here
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Would like the new Heckler or an older Bronson or even 5010 but even the Xl’s look on the small side.

I’m 6’2″ tall 36″ inseam and my arm span is 6’3″. Can’t find anywhere to test an XL.

benjbish

I’m 6’4″ with short legs and ride an XL superlight if that helps.

gfrew88
    Free Member

you’ll struggle

jsync

6’1″ and an xl V1 Bronson with 70mm stem (soon to be 55mm)

bigblackshed

I’m 6’2″ tall 36″ inseam and my arm span is 6’3″.

Freak.

😉

sturmeyarcher

I’m 6’2.5″, arm span the same, 35″ inside leg. XL Tallboy fits perfectly with normal stem and post. Jungle have a test one, call them.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

OK thanks sturmey. That xl tallboy is pretty much the same geometry as the xl heckler.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m 6’4″ with short legs and ride an XL superlight if that helps.

Thanks. What’s it like to ride? Do you get any flex out of the back end?

andysredmini
    Free Member

5’11 with long arms and I have a large chameleon (last 26″) and a large new style 650b nomad. Both have 60 or 70mm stems I can’t remember.
    Both are perfect.
    I demo’d an old style Bronson for a weekend in size large and it was far too small. I don’t know what size the stem was but I’m guessing it was 60mm. Even with the seat as far back on the rails it was no where near big enough and it just made it awkward to ride.

boxelder

6’4″ with long limbs here and on an XXL Tallboy. Suspect XL would be fine too with wide bars/longer stem.

sheeps

Shortarse 6′ here riding a L superlight 29er (and before that a L superlight 26)

plecostomus
    Free Member

I rode a xl new nomad I got rid of it as it was to small I’m 6”1″

jonnym92

I’m 6ft on a L Nomad, find it great. The demo day I went on I was recommended the XL bronson (1st model) but the L Nomad.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

6’2″ with 32″ inseam here – I ride a L Bronson and love it (40mm stem). Having short legs for my height meant the XL was a bit too tall for me, wheelbase too long and have I’ve always preferred smaller frames.

For reference, my other recent bikes have been an Orange Blood (L) and a Commencal Meta SX (L). The geo of the Bronson is on a par I’d say.

AlexSimon

Nomad is longer.
    Very latest Bronson and Solo are longer.

I think you’ll struggle on the older frames to be honest.

At 5’10 I didn’t find an XL 2014 Solo that big, which is ridiculous.

Edit: Just re-read – you say ‘lanky’, so if your torso and arms aren’t that long you might get away with it. Worth trying. But I personally wouldn’t want to fit a longer stem to compensate.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I rode a xl new nomad I got rid of it as it was to small I’m 6”1″

Even with a longer stem?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

6ft 1.5″ and on a XL 5010
    50mm stem.

Is a very good fit for me

antares
    Free Member

6’2″ and ride an XL solo, started with a 70mm stem when new but have since dropped to a 50mm. Fits fine.

LoCo
    Free Member

At 6’3″ I found the 2015 SOLO a touch too short in TT, with a short stem (too long spoils handling (IMO))
    2016 should just be big enough.

rob8624
    Free Member

6ft 2 here, long legs and ride a L Heckler. Probably too small for me, but still rides great and I like a smaller bike.

Fat-boy-fat

6’4″ with 34″ inside leg. Both my SCs are XL (as have many others been). To be honest, I’d love an XXL but SC won’t make them in anything other than a 29er (despite me asking a lot of times).

XL does work but needs a long seatpost and a long stem.

Teapot
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 1 and ride an XL Nomad with a 50mm stem. Before that I had an XL Solo with a 70mm stem.

I’d say the XL is only just big enough for me although the new Bronson and Solo look better.

pipiom
    Free Member

XL Tallboy LTC……50mm stem……..I’m 6’2″……spot on

gfrew88
    Free Member

View post on imgur.com

i ride a xxl LTC, did have a solo and it was a bit small.
    also had a go of the new nomad XL and it was way to small. I’m 6ft 3in.

mtbscoop
    Free Member

6ft 1, 34 inside leg and ride a Large Bronson, with 55m stem. Previously owned a large Heckler, and Large Superlight.

DJTC
    Free Member

im 6.2″ xl tallboy felt like it only just fit but a L v10 felt nice. i think alot of it is just rider preference.

alexh
    Free Member

5’7″ medium Bronson. Top tube looks small but for what I use it for I prefer a short bike. They do appear to come up a size too small against other bikes.

tomhoward

6′ 0.5″
    Large 5010 V1 70mm stem
    Large Newmad 50mm stem
    Large 2013 26″ chameleon 70mm stem
    I likes em

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What size Santa Cruz do you ride? Lanky 6'2" here’ is closed to new replies.