Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What size road bike frame?
  • Drapoon
    Free Member

Hi, after a bit of advice pls

I’m looking at purchasing a Specialized allez sport but at dead on 6ft I am smack bang between sizes (according to their guide). Either a 56cm or a 58cm. Which one to go for?

Before you ask I have tried both out in the shop & both feel ok..

Do I go for the 56 just because it looks a bit sleeker or are there any other considerations?

I’m going to be commuting home on this every evening so maybe a larger frame would be more comfortable with rucksack on my back…

I ride old school 19″ Kona frames for off road duties if this helps

cheers

Martin (confused!)

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Hmmm. I am also dead on 6′ and ride two Spesh 56cm frames (Langster and Roubaix) I certainly wouldn’t want them any bigger.

The correct answer is to go and get properly measured and get the “right” size. However, unless you are oddly proportioned I would go for the 56. It’s easier to get a bit more length out of a bike if it’s slightly too small, than to try and make a bike which is too big fit you.

rOcKeTdOg

6ft2″ riding a 56cm Trek here, as with mtb’s though, it is all about the top tube length, try both out if possible, but a 58cm is like a gate to me, so i’d think it would be huge for you

Drapoon
    Free Member

thanks for the advice chaps.
    considering getting fitted by specialized in birmingham but looks like I will go for the 56 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What size road bike frame?’ is closed to new replies.