• This topic has 18 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What size On-one Inbred
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Need to change my frame as a budget replacement has turned out to feel too small (18″ Voodoo Hoodoo).

Was looking at the On-One Inbred with dropouts to run geared and 120mm forks and had immediately decided on 20″ (given my current 18″ is too small), but they seem to run long.

Internet figures suggest the Inbred is 4cm longer than the Voodoo I currently have.

Are they long from those that own them?

At 6ft does experience suggest an 18″ inbred would be good? My Voodoo just feels too short (tried a longer stem and as expected handling was awful!). Has 25cm ish of exposed seatpost but not fussed about that if length is OK!!

Ta.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m about 5’10” and have a 16″ Ti456 and an 18″ Scandal, so I suppose a 17″ would be the perfect fit. I reckon you’ll be fine on an 18″.

Yak

Fwiw, I’m on an 18″ at 5’8″. Used to have a 16″, but that needed a 100mm stem to fit. At 6′, I would have thought a 20″ would be fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johnnystorm

I’m 5′ 11″ and my Large Inbred was perfect. 19.5″ isn’t it?

/pedant mode

asbrooks

I’m 5’10″and a bit, 31″ inside leg. I ride an 18. 120 forks, slackset and a 55mm stem.
    Fits like a glove, I think, I’ve not ridden anything else for a while.

spence
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and swapped from an 18″ to 20″ earlier in the year when I found a crack in the 18″ (it was neary 15 years old). I just swapped everything over so the only difference was the frame but with the head tube a little longer I had to lose a couple of spacers.

First ride it felt a bigger and more akin to my 29er; the 18″ was always very flickable through the woods in comparison to the 29er eg at Woburn & Chicky and the 20″ is no different. At 6’1″ I was at the very top of the suggested height for an 18″ and felt a bit like a pimple in retrospect.

But at the money the 20″ is just about perfect, off out on it now.

holdsteady

6ft, 31″ leg and have an 18″ 26″ inbred and it is a perfect fit, my other mountain bikes are/have been 19″ so I tried a 20″ Inbred and it was far too long. Another mate is same height as me and prefers a 16″ Inbred as finds it has more “chuckability” as he is a less “wheels on the ground” rider than me.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys – looks like I could get away with either!

Will see what comes up on here – but being drawn to the 18″ given the length geo

pickle
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 2″ and ride an 18″. I find it just right for me but I like to throw it about a bit

ads678

I’m 5’9″ 31″ inside leg and had 16″ 26&29er inbreds. Always thought they were too small on longer rides but good for slinging around and jumping.

johnw1984
    Free Member

6’2″ here (32ish inside leg). Started off on a Large Hoodoo, then replaced it with a 19.5 Inbred.

Both of them felt spot on, but that was nearly 2 years ago when I first started riding 🙂

For reference, I’m on an XL Bird Aeris now (I seem to prefer a big bike).

fatbikedog
    Free Member

I am 5’11 with 34″ legs. I have had 18″ and 20″ steel inbreds and a 20″ 456 ti. They all seem to fit well. On One’s are long so either will ride well, like all on one’s

superstu
    Free Member

On One’s are long

Really?

mildbore

Another 6’1″, 32 inside leg here riding an 18″ which fits fine. Depends how you ride/what you like really

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m five nine and had a 16 and an 18 I found the 16 was too small

TheBrick
    Free Member

6’2″ and on a 19.5″ 29er. I think I would have preferred a 18″ but I wanted a bit more length. For me the ideal would be tt length and ht height of the 19.5 with the better stand over of the 18″.

Marin
    Free Member

16 inbreds are small. Mine feels like a bmx but have a huge seatpost. Very throwaboutable though.

twisty

6’2″ 36″ inside leg got a 20″ inbred, running an 80mm stem, doesn’t feel big.

IHN

6’1″, 33″ leg, had a 18″ 456 and it felt too little. Swapped to a 20″ and it was bob on.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What size On-one Inbred’ is closed to new replies.