Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What size knee and elbow pads for a lanky git?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting some Kyle Strait 661 knee pads and some kind of elbow pads but not sure what size to go for. I’m 6ft 2 male and long in the leg and arms (sorry if this is sounding like a singles advert)

Anyone know what size might be suitable or any other good knee and elbow pads with a size recommendation?

Thanks.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

❓ 🙄

Andituk
    Free Member

Don’t know about elbow pads, but the knee pads are done on how thick(?) your legs are rather than the length, there’s a size guide on the 661 website.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks I found the sizing chart. I’m halfway between the medium and large sizes on the Kyle Strait knee pads. Is there a bit of stretch in them or should I get large?

warpcow
    Free Member

Go medium probably. I was at the upper edge of Large according to their table and they ended up being too big. Medium fits me well, if a little tight above the knee, and stay in place no matter what.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

warpcow

Thanks!

robinbetts
    Free Member

Have you tried them on? I’m pretty similar build and height to you and found the 661 pads didn’t shay well on my knees. Ended up with Troy Lee one which have a stretchy knee support type thing that goes underneath and volcro’s to the hard pad. Keeps everything in place. Last thing I wanted was to wear pads that move when you need them.

Basiclyy point us that if you haven’t already, try and find a shop to try on some different brands and sizes before you buy. Even if you then go and buy online.

duntstick
    Free Member

I’m between medium and large too. I have both sizes.
    Mediums are a much better fit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What size knee and elbow pads for a lanky git?’ is closed to new replies.