• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What size kinesis Road bike are you?
  • jimmy

I’ve always been a fan of kinesis bikes bit never sure which size I would be – 51 r 54cm. Tried a pal’s 54 which was okaaay possibly a bit long but 51 could be too small. I’m 5’6″ (5’6.5″ *actually*),anyone know how they size up?

nbt

I’m 5’9″ and have a 54cm cross light 3t.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

I’m 5’7 and have just bought an Aethin in 51 as a replacement for a snapped frame. Haven’t even built it up but I can tell you it’s shiny.

Hope that helps…

To give a bit more help, I based the decision on the geometry of my summer bike; a Felt F1 which I’ve ridden for the last couple of years and suits me perfectly

The Aethin is 5mm longer in the top tube than the Felt and I’m putting on a 120 stem, as I run on the Felt, but with a 5mm shorter reach bar. I prefer a smaller frame/longer stem fit for the frame stiffness and handling sharpness.

That said, the Aethin also has a longer wheelbase for stability which should be good as this will be my winter/bad weather road bike.

alwillis

5’10.5″ and ride a 54cm racelight. I have got pretty short legs (29″ inside leg), and a long back (120 or 130mm stem with no spacers at all)

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Battled with this a bit in deciding which sized Kinesis Pro 6 CX bike to get. I’m 6 ft 2″ and very happy I got the 57 rater than 60. Sizing chart suggested I got the 60 but the standover height would have been too high. My legs are long too, if you ask me their sizing chart is a little out actually.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

55cm please. 5’10, 31.5″ inseam, shortish arms. My postal address accessible via email in profile. PS I don’t get on with red, but most other colours are good. Except brown. No rush though, cheers 🙂

swanny853

5’9.5″, 54cm pro6. 57 felt way too long. But then a friend of mine who is basically the same height as me seems to like his 57.

salad_dodger

I’m 5’8″ and ride a 50cm Aithein which is spot on size wise. According to the Kinesis website I think it suggested the 53 would fit me better but after comparing every measurement to my existing frames I decided the 50cm was what I needed. Glad I did as the 53 would have been far too long in the top tube. If you’re anywhere near the Bristol area you’re welcome to come and try my bike for size.

robdob
    Free Member

5’7″ with 29″ inside leg and I have a 52cm Racelight (err might be a 51)

schmiken

I’m 5’11” and have a 54cm 4S. Fits fine with a 100mm stem and layback post.

clintthesquint
    Free Member

5’11” and a 57 Crosslight Five T is perfect for me.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and have a 53cm Aithein and is perfect for me, the 56cm would of been too long in the top tube.

jimmy

51 sounds like the business. Now to save up for a year to afford one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What size kinesis Road bike are you?’ is closed to new replies.