Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What size heckler for 6'3" 14stoner
  • v666ern
    Free Member

I’m guessing large, it won’t be a new frame < 5 years old, have they changed much

clodezilla
    Free Member

I dont weigh 14 stone you cheeky git! 13 stone and counting……

v666ern
    Free Member

You will do by the time you buy the thing fatty!

russianbob
    Free Member

I’m 6’3″ and weigh in at about 16.5 stone. I ride a 2008 large Heckler and it’s spot on I think. They changed the swingarm in 2010 I think to move away from the pinch bolts onto a collet thingy, though mine was swapped out under warrany after a tiny crack developed in the weld. In terms of geometry they stayed the same though. So, aside from the very recent 650b changes they’ve stayed the same over the past 5 or so years. Brilliant bike, feels just right for me now, and even though I run pretty heavy components I’m really happy with it.

justatheory
    Free Member

Don’t they come up fairly short in the top tube? I’m similar height and when I was looking at one, the large seemed a bit cramped. A lot depends on how/where/how long you ride and proportions though I suppose.

scruff
    Free Member

Im 6ft and have a large. I would say XL but depends how you like a bike to feel. They do have a shorter TT.

v666ern
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone around Winchester / ringwood / Southampton area has one clodezilla could sit on do they?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s more about proportions. Should be a few about to have a go on if you keep your eyes peeled.

rocket
    Free Member

6’2 on a large. As said the top tubes come up a bit short – mine is good but wouldn’t want it any shorter. Depending on your proportions (do you like longer or shorter tt’s?) I’d say you might be knocking on the door of an XL.

superfli
    Free Member

I would say XL (if they do them) as well. 5’8″ and on medium, wouldnt want to be taller on it. So roughly speaking L for 5’9-6′ or so. They do have a very short TT.
    Get a 2010+ if you can. The swingarm pinch bolts are a weakness on earlier models. I broke my pinch bolt and then later cracked the swingarm. New one was £275 (but 2012 model). In 2012/3 they changed the geometry and HT size+ ICSG mounts to sort of replace the Butcher.

Not much help, but I have a med Heckler in Portsmouth area you can try, but wont get on with! Its also been tinkered with a fair bit (slacker/lower).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would say XL (if they do them) as well. 5’8″ and on medium, wouldnt want to be taller on it. So roughly speaking L for 5’9-6′ or so. They do have a very short TT.

This is where the height vs bike size falls down, 5’9 and comfortable on a Medium.

superfli
    Free Member

Yeah, body length will be the main factor. I’m short legged, but longish body. I would still say a 6’3″ person should be on an XL though, I think its above the xover height.

batman11
    Free Member

Might be of interest.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-lrg-santa-cruz-heckler-frame-19inorange-r8-frame-and-hope-headset
    Bats.
    And it’s based in near littlehampton so not a crazy distance to travel.

superfli
    Free Member

^^^ I did exact same as that. new rear swingarm, and resprayed to Kawasaki green at same time 🙂 Swingarm cost you less though 🙁

clodezilla
    Free Member

All my length is in my legs, do you think I’ll need an XL or will a L with a long stem do the job?

russianbob
    Free Member

actually, mine is an XL. Sorry. Still a dead good bike though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What size heckler for 6'3" 14stoner’ is closed to new replies.