Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What size Heckler do you ride?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Hi all, iv'e just bought my new 2nd hand Heckler and its a 2006 in a size large.
    I'm 5ft 11" with a 32" inside leg.
    I have literally just picked it up but first impressions are its more roomy than my other bikes all being mediums with 70-80mm stems.

Thing is i'm now swaying more towards xc trail riding and have been struggling the last year or so and thought I would try a large to help me with the longer rides and the climbs.

Have I picked the wrong size or shall I throw a 65-70mm stem on and persevere with it?

The climbs were killing me on my last 2 bikes Cove stiffee 17.5" frame and a Giant Reign medium.

What size do you all ride and how tall are you with what stems etc?

Cheers 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

5 foot 2 and ride a small 06 heckler. Perfect for xc with seat up. Short play bike with seat down.

Tbh honest the 06's imho come up small due to a short tt.

Small bike to tbh

metalheart
    Free Member

My (04) Heckler was a large and I'm just shy of 6' with a 33.5 inside leg.

And I was running a 125mm stem at the time!

Seemed the right size at the time.

A 17.5" Cove with an 70mm stem sounds small.

Give it time, see how it feels, especially if you are more xc leaning these days…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

6ft.. Ride a large 09 Heckler with a 70mm Thomson stem..

It's weird, it feels no bigger than the medium Cove Hustler it's replaced..

Santa Cruz sizing does seem a bit odd IMHO..

juiced
    Free Member

I'd say, ignore the size and get a feel for it. That heckler is a very versatile bike and should be fine running different stem lengths and seat heights and builds.( as too I'm sure the newer ones are.. )

Konastoner
    Free Member

5ft 10" and I ride a 06 medium with a 50mm stem, basicaly because i like the sharp steering and the Lyriks slacken the head angle some what. I also prefer a mall cockpit as it's more chuckable, U-Turn still alloows me to handle the climbs ok too.

Burts
    Free Member

6ft tall, 33in inside leg, large 2008 Heckler.

Now fitted with a 50mm stem but that's biased for DH fun (I'm in Vancouver). Orignally it had a 90mm stem and that was ok for more balanced XC riding.

ex-pat
    Free Member

6Ft. The Shop wanted me to have a 110mm stem (think stalk). I went with a 90 and it fits perfectly.
    EA70 finishing kit for bars seat post etc.
    You want to be able to get off the back of the bike proper like as you'll be descending at speed!

ex-pat
    Free Member

Doh – and a large frame.

dickie
    Free Member

5'11", large 07 Heckler with 100mm stem & layback post.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What size Heckler do you ride?’ is closed to new replies.