Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What size frame for an 11 y/o?
  • dirkpitt74

My lad currently has a rebuilt/custom 24″ Blast which he’ll soon be too big for (will be recycled for Daughter).
    I have a pair of spare 26″ wheels and forks with which to build him a new bike.
    I’ve seen a couple of On-One 456’s on ebay which should fit the bill – not sure whether I should be looking at 14″ or 16″ though.

How do they size up?

Thanks

Yak

Quite big. Unless your lad is very tall for an 11 yr old I would have thought that the 14″ one would be right. The 16″ one would be good for up to 5’8″ for reference.

tomcolman
    Free Member

My lad was 12 in july and is 5ft3, is now riding a meduim orange crush. Its not to big for him, and should get a couple of years out of the bike before he grows out of it. At 11 years old reckon he was bang on 5ft and a small size frame would of been fine. Still on 26″ wheels as more choice on frames and bikes. Hope that helps. Cheers tom

iainc

all depends on size of the child. My 11 yr old is on a 16 inch Cube HT, 650B and it fits him well. He is about 5ft 2.

dirkpitt74

Thanks chaps.
    will measure him up and see what’s what.
    Advantage I have is that what ever I get will be recycled to his younger sister.

dirkpitt74

Thanks again guys.
    Next question – ‘if’ I go for a 456 do I stick 120 or 140 forks on it?
    Got either 120 Suntour Raidon’s or 140 Fox 32’s.

akira

Always run my 45650b with longer forks but bear in mind longer forks will raise the standover height so maybe go for 120mm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What size frame for an 11 y/o?’ is closed to new replies.