Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what size cove handjob ?
  • Jamesy
    Free Member

I'm 6ft 1 " 31.5 inside leg . currently ride a 18 " orange 5 which is perfect , I've tried a 17.5 altitude again perfect and a medium whyte 19 steel which were both perfect. but I've heard the sizing is small on the cove? so not sure on the 17.5 or 19.5

ianpinder
    Free Member

I'd go for 19.5 i'm 6ft3 with 33inch inside leg and the 19.5 was almost to small. I've sold it now because i thought it was too small otherwise I would of let you ride it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm 5'11" with a 32.5" inside leg and ride a 17.5" one with a 90mm stem, fits me bang on

Jamesy
    Free Member

still confused lol , o really need to try one but having trouble finding any where too , ride clent , cannock if anyones got one I could try

samuri
    Free Member

I'm like Steve there, 5'11" with a 32" inside leg. I have a 17.5 inch handjob and it fits me great.

Jamesy
    Free Member

samrui – sounds like I need same size as u , how do I find the reach on the top tube , do I run much seatpost ?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've been riding a 19", i'M 5'11" and TBH have found it a touch too big. Changing frames currently and am going to an 18".

nickegg
    Free Member

I'm approx 5'9" with a 32" leg….i ride an 17.5 with a 90mm stem and the fit is bang on.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" with a 31" inside leg. I tried a 19" but felt it too big, so I went for the 17'5"
    There is only 1/2" on the toptube length difference between the two.

I too like mucho seatpost.

rj
    Free Member

I'm 5'7" with a 30" inside leg and ride a 17.5", so you may want to go slightly bigger.

mildred

I'm 5'11" with 32 inside leg and felt that my 17.5" was too short. It needed a 90mm stem to feel anywhere near normal, and would've liked to ry a 19".

bobster
    Free Member

5' 8" with 32" inside leg and ride a 17" Hummer, rode a 17.5" HJ for a while. I see you mention the Altitude – I loved the 17", fit me perfectly so surprised you find it OK at your height, but if you do I would suggest the 17" HJ will be fine.

Jamesy
    Free Member

I currently ride an orange 5 18" would the 17.5 handjob be similar?

DezB
    Free Member

I think you need to go for the 19.5
    I'm just under 5'11" and would want my 17.5 to be any smaller!

Jamesy
    Free Member

yeah my mate saw a 17.5 and said it looked too small for me but was worried about standover height on the 19.5

StuF

I'd disagree, I'd say you want the 17.5 as I'm 6.1 with a 33 ins leg and run the 19.5 with a 70mm stem and a 350 seat post on about its limit. Next time I'm in cannock you'd be welcome to try mine but I'm not sure when we're going over there – I'm in Nottingham if that helps at all.

SigmaF
    Free Member

Okay – I'm 5.11 and run my 17.5 with a 65mm stem……the frames are quite compact along the EFT. I've just got a 15.5 to build up with a slightly longer stem though!

The guy that manages our shop is about 6.2 and has just gone for a 17.5 too, 450 seatpost and 70mm stem!

If you're anywhere near Sheffield, we have a demo 17.5 you can try!

Jamesy
    Free Member

cheers guys , managed to try a 19.5 to big for me so a 17.5 it is , now powdercoat green or orange ? 🙂

Jamesy
    Free Member

stuf – are u over at cannock on Saturday ?

Bernaard
    Free Member

White…………..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what size cove handjob ?’ is closed to new replies.