Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What size camelbak – Mule vs Hawg
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

I currently use a lobo, but find its not big enough, mule seems just right, hawg seem too big?

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got both and prefer the Hawg, but mine is ancient, not sure if the new ones are bigger. I struggle to get all my gear in a Mule, holds the same mount of water though.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Lezyne Allpack! Loving it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hawgs are huge, and the front pocket is too deep and hard to find stuff in.

Mules are very good and will carry anything you'll ever need for a long day ride.

I've also got a Scudo which is the same size as a Mule but has a less complicated design with more spacious pockets: I'd say it's more versitile as a result – Cheaper too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I found the mule too small to comfortably get everything in for all dayers, whereas the hawg does the job a treat, so much so i rarely use the mule at all now.

nbt

the new mule is the size of a hawg circa 2001

ken_shields
    Free Member

Agree with bigyinn

I've got both and use the Mule if I'm going out and don't have to take anything for anybody else and use the Hawg if I'm gonna be carrying for other folk (aka my daughter)

I've also bought a Ventoux which is also very spacious and is good when the weather is v rubbish as it comes with a built in raincover

sodafarls
    Free Member

I'm on my second mule, and I'd go for a Hawg next time. For the extra storage it's a tiny weight penalty, and with the same amount of gear carried, a hawg is less likely to have that "convex" wobbly bulgy feeling on your back that a mule gets when full.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I am on my first Mule and whilst the size is great for all day rides where another jcket and full bladder etc are required it is too small. I am looking at getting the Hawg next as I believe it also has a waterproof main compartment-nothing worse than having a soaking wet wallet for a week or a nice freezing cold wet beanie/buff.

langy
    Free Member

Hawg – i have the mule and it's great for 'normal' rides of a few hours and my commute when I only have to chuck in lunch, tee shirt, socks, undies (rest of clothes left at work) but anything more it starts getting awkward, especially if the bladder is full.

Easier to compress the unused space on a hawg than to squeeze things in until bursting point on a mule. I am just waiting to find one on sale or get a voucher or something and I'll be picking up a hawg.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Thanks all just purcahsed the H. A. W. G nv from wiggle and took advantage of the £20 off voucher

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I see you've already bought it, but another vote for a HAWG. I often get the train and so need a bit more kit to avoid sitting on a train/platform wet and cold and the MULE is a bit too small in winter.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My Hawg is a few years old, and great for fitting loads of gear in,but I would like something that does not allow all the items and weight to shift to the bottom of the pack, to prevent lower back pain, so I would like one with separate compartments to distribute the weight evenly, this may also me a factor in your choice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What size camelbak – Mule vs Hawg’ is closed to new replies.