Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Size c456 Frame?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m exactly 6′ tall.

Previously had a Medium (18″) Ragley mmmBop that I found slightly too short if I’m honest, although liveable with.

Currently have a Large (19″) Identiti AKA. Feels long due to living with the above for 2 years, although overall feels more like the correct size.

Both the above had/have a 50mm stem & low-rise riser bars.

I’m thinking of buying an On-One c456, but am undecided whether I need 18″ or 20″ (based on the ETT stat’s for this and the above).

The 20″ c456 seems to be long enough (bit shorter than the AKA), but is an inch taller in the seat tube than the AKA, which is why I think it’s too big.

The 18″ c456 has a shorter ETT than the 19″ AKA. Can’t find the geometry figures for the mmmBop, but I think the 18″ c456 is slightly longer.

Does anybody have any real-life experiences of the c456 (does it come up small or big?), or any other pearls of wisdom to inform my decision making?

Cheers!

kevin1911

had a Medium mmmBop (which was ok for me size wise), went to a Medium 456C, and it was a perfect fit

stevied
    Free Member

I’m 5’11, 33″ inside leg and have a medium 456c. Fit’s a treat and have a short (50mm) stem too.

Liftman

5’11” and have an 18″ C456 fits fine.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Thanks all for the replies thus far.

Seems the 18″ will be the correct size.

gmex619
    Free Member

18″ will be perfect. I’ve tried a 16 & a 20 and own a 18″.

The 16 feels tiny unless you run a 100mm stem which depending on the fork you use feels really bad to ride. The 20 is really long IMO and ofcourse 2″ bigger but the 18″ is pretty perfect. I ride mine with a 80mm stem and risers and I can’t fault it. (Besides my desire for a dropper for saddle adjustability.)

leythervegas
    Free Member

18″ definitely pal, I’m 6ft 2 and my 20″ feels slightly big reach wise if anything

garage-dweller

I ride a couple of year old steel one so not sure how comparable. I am 5’10” with 29″ inside leg (I am mostly body and stumpy legs!) and I find the 18 spot on for all round duties with 140mm up front. A bit stretched and xc feeling with only 100mm up front as currently set up (which suits its current use). I’d say if you are leggy you are more likely to want the 18 to get the reach down.

ian911uk
    Free Member

18″ with inline post and 70mm stem for me. Perfect at 6’2″

mrphil
    Free Member

6ft, 18inch frame 50mm x 25 degree stem, 710 bars.

Size fits me well, distance no problem.

http://app.strava.com/rides/23579878

fibre
    Free Member

Dead on 6ft but I think I have a long reach.

18″ with Thomson layback, 80mm stem 700mm bars. Set up for all day comfort.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Another six footer here. 18″ frame, 70mm stem & layback post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Size c456 Frame?’ is closed to new replies.