Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What size blue pig or piglet for a 6ft2 rider?
  • squattingmouse
    Free Member

I’m right on the border line as I was with my inbred so which size should I buy? Usually riding a large Ellsworth Moment if that’s any help.

coffeencake
    Free Member

6ft3 ish. Mostly lakes riding. 18″ blue-pig. ’tis grand. Definite improvement over 20″ inbred. Less perched feeling. Does need 400 mm post for long climbs tho’.

Northwind

What are you going to do with it? You might want to go smaller if it’s to be for harder use, larger if it’s to be an xc bike, Pig and Piglet can do either.

jturn71

I have an 18″ Piglet, I’m 6ft 2″ with 34″ inside leg. I think a 20″ would have been a slightly better fit for longer xc rides but for trail centres & local messing about int woods its fine. I put some wider 730mm bars on it to give more reach.

smartay

Went for the 20″ frame Blue Pig, standing at 6’4″ with inside leg of 35/36″. the standard Ragley seat post is raised at position 7 to 8 for norm xc rides, seat position back on rails but using stubby stem, 730ish bars

tracknicko
    Free Member

18″… im 6ft3 ish. had an 18, rode it for a while and wonderd if it was slightly too small… bought a 20″ and it was like ALL the fun had been sucked out of the frame.

went back to the 18 that i hadn’t sold… MUCH more enjoyable ride.

oddly it is now for sale if you’re interested?

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol do they make big sizes in the ‘piglet bike’ …. thort they were just for midget people like me …hense the piglet name lol 😉 :mrgreen:

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Cheers guys – 18 inch piglet ordered despite my 130mm forks (just have to run with a bit more sag I supose) as it also mean I can use the normal headset in the shed!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What size blue pig or piglet for a 6ft2 rider?’ is closed to new replies.