Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What site is good for camping gear second hand?
  • grum
    Free Member

I’m after a lightweight 1p tent and some other bits – a quick google doesn’t come up with much. Anyone got any recommendations?

fasthaggis

Go fishing on the wanted adds,here or on somewhere like the Bear Bones bike packing forum

scholarsgate
    Free Member
    nbt

Seen a couple of 1 man tents on here recently

https://www.facebook.com/groups/usedgearexchangeuk/?ref=bookmarks

grum
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – some good stuff there. Picked up one of these for £145 from nbt’s link. 🙂

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/tents/experience-series/hubba-nx/product

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ta 😀

not tempted by the floating bivvy then 😯

It is awesome though

grum
    Free Member

It’s insane/amazing but I can’t really work out the point of it. In the comments the guy said something about it being developed for NASA I think.

BTW let me know if you guys fancy another ride over here some time. Evenings are becoming more pleasant/light.

grum
    Free Member

That Outdoor Gear Exchange group might end up emptying my wallet pretty quickly!

Junkyard
    Free Member

you bought the bivvy then 😉

Away for a few weeks so what suits you best weekend or weekday?

Weekend probably better but not critical as last time it was gone 1 am by the time i got home.

One day i will ride with you and not crash – not crashed since that ride FWIW

globalti
    Free Member

UK Climbing. I wanted a tent so I placed a Wanted ad and got about 6 offers of superb tents. The one I bought for £45 was a Wild Country described as “used 10 times” but I swear it was new.

grum
    Free Member

@JY Weekends are mostly quite busy but how early could you get here on a school night? I seem to remember we started late-ish last time (possibly due to me being late as usual!).

Think Sunday 26th April is a possibility though.

UKClimbing is quite active too but didn’t see many tents – didn’t think of a wanted ad but sorted now anyway thanks.

welshfarmer

The good thing about the outdoor gear exchange on Facebook is that it is actually all top notch kit being sold by genuine outdoorsie people. I have been on it for quite a while and I don’t think there is ever any rubbish for sale. It is either well moderated or simply only attracts genuine types.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What site is good for camping gear second hand?’ is closed to new replies.