Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What singlespeed chain?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I could do with a decent chain on my Simple , rather than the old PC68 I’m “making do” with.

So what strong, light 3/32 chain should I go for?

oxym0r0n

This one works for me ~ now on my second after 12 months ~ clicky linky below

JohnClimber
    Free Member

CLICKY
    I’ve the top ones and it’s great but I’ve a baby blue one from the 2nd picture on route from Charlie as I type, I’ll use it for smaller cogs (faster) cogs

nickc

Any chain at all will do. Don’t need a “special” chain for Singlespeeds

theotherjonv

on the basis that I’d like it to be as maintenance free as possible, I’ve got a KMC rustbuster on mine. So far so good.

Jase
    Free Member

I use KMC too, but get them from Parker Int as much cheaper.

speaker2animals

Just a standard SRAM mid range chain. Even use a qucilink. I’m not the most powerful rider but in combination with my 105kg I reckon it takes a fair bit of force when I honk up hills. No problem in last 18 months on same chain.

Keef
    Free Member

pc7x. (1/8th tho) no question.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

nickc – that’s what I’ve been doing. Now it needs replacing, so its daft buying one thats designed to flex sideways when I don’t need it to. Hence getting a SS one. And since none of my bikes have cassettes (fixed, SS and Rohloff), I’d never need another flexy one.

CountZero

I had a normal SRAM PC1, which kept going rusty due to all the salty water I have to ride through on my way to work, until the quicklink snapped at the top of my road. I had to replace it quickly and Halfords was closer than my LBS, so I got a Taya rustless city/hubgear 1/8″, which is galvanized and only cost me £6.49. Seems to be doing the trick so far and at the right price. Works for me.

bonzodog
    Free Member

KMC K710SL Ti Nitride.

£30 odd quid from On-One but incredibly durable.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

bonzo – no good, I need 3/32…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

PC58 or the KMC Z610 from Charlie-TBM.

SSP

Surfr
    Free Member

cheapo Miche 1/8 chain from Ribble which was supposed to go on a fixxie but ended up on the cindercone SS instead.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i use one of these, got it from charlie the bike monger.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/chain/product/slink-half-link-narrow-31664

It was for a chameleon. Being a half link meant i could get the disc in the right place (disc mount is not adjustable). you could obviously achieve the same with a normal chain and one half link but it doesn’t look as good!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning from Charlie the Bike Monger

Thanks for the quick service Charlie

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What singlespeed chain?’ is closed to new replies.