Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what single full length gear cable
  • oblique
    Free Member

I am looking for one full length gear cable outer. I have a few un-used cables already. Is it worth going for an expensive set? They seem to mostly consist of stuff I don’t need.

Can you buy a decent quality cable “set” that has just one long length of cable outer and a good quality inner?

uplink
    Free Member

Just buy a 10m roll of SP41

scaredypants

SP41 +1

(so, err, SP42 then 😳 )

like this

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Shimano SP41. If it’s full length it’s mostly poinless spending any more. 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Gore RideOn, fitted properly, will last for years.

_tom_
    Free Member

I asked the same thing a while ago and got told the same. SP41 is fine, really smooth and nice compared to using cable stops and short bits of outer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve always got mine form here,

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/5084/Shimano-SP41-Outer-Casing-4-mm-x-10-m.html?referrer=froogle&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid5084

But there was someone else doing it cheaper…. Buggered if I can remember now….. 👿

oblique
    Free Member

that looks like what i want.

None of you happen to have about 1.5m or so spare from your 10m lengths you could be persuaded to sell?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve just kitted a new bike out and I’m right near the end of my roll, sorry… 🙂

scaredypants

2m for 4 quid posted

if you live near Southampton/Portsmouth and want to collect you can have some off me but I CBA posting, soz 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what single full length gear cable’ is closed to new replies.