Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What side to put tax disc on left hand drive ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

New(30yrs old) VW Camper van registration and tax finally arrived today, what side to put the tax disc ?

its a third world problem and it needs solving this eve !

br
    Free Member

left

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

ah but if its on the left its restricting the view…which is why its not on the right on a UK car…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pictonroad

Its on the left on my current LHD camper, my last LHD camper had it on the right.

You choose..

teethgrinder

Top middle, in front of the mirror.

sugdenr
    Free Member

ah but if its on the left its restricting the view…which is why its not on the right on a UK car…

yea but its not like you is zipping along at high speedz is it 😀

Gary_C

It’s a trick question.

No such thing as a tax disc… 😉

PePPeR

The rules state it should be on the Nearside (against the kerb)

Doesn’t state where on the nearside, but I’ve known pedantic policemen give FPN’s for it being at the top of the nearside.

Exhibition of vehicle and nil licences

6. – <snip>

(3) Each such licence shall be fixed to the vehicle in a holder sufficient to protect the licence from the weather to which it would otherwise be exposed.

(4) The licence shall be exhibited on the vehicle –

(a) in the case of an invalid vehicle, tricycle or bicycle, other than in a case specified in sub-paragraph (b) or © of this paragraph, on the near side of the vehicle;

(b) in the case of a bicycle drawing a side-car or to which a side-car is attached, on the near side of the handlebars of the bicycle or on the near side of the side-car;

© in the case of any vehicle fitted with a glass windscreen in front of the driver extending across the vehicle to its near side, on or adjacent to the near side of the windscreen;

(d) in the case of any other vehicle –

(i) if the vehicle is fitted with a driver’s cab containing a near side window, on that window; or

(ii) on the near side of the vehicle in front of the driver’s seat and not less than 760 mm and not more than 1.8 metres above the surface of the road.

(5) In each case referred to in paragraph (4), the licence shall be so exhibited that all the particulars on the licence are clearly visible in daylight from the near side of the road.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/2742/regulation/6/made

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Left, it is on my 87 Westy and was told by the plod that’s where it should be “or else mate!” so that’s where it is.

tombon
    Free Member

Our t4 Westy came with it on the left, put there by the guy who imported it, and that’s what he does for a living, so probably knows about these things. Not really thought about it before this though.

Northwind

Any useful side glass where it’ll be out of the way?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I leave mine loose on the dash board so it depends which way I swing the car what side it’s on.

I know its illegal but I just don’t care, I like to live life on the edge.

I don’t tear around the perforations of the disc either, so I’ve a tax square rather than a tax disc.
    **** ’em.

They can issue me with a fixed penalty notice, but they can never take my freedom, or something like that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What side to put tax disc on left hand drive ?’ is closed to new replies.