Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What should I listen to next?
  • irelanst
    Free Member

I’ve been listening to Red Snapper and Thievery Corporation, what should I listen to next?

lehutch
    Free Member

BBC Radio 6.

lehutch
    Free Member

If you like that sort of thing

eyerideit
    Free Member

Which TC albums? Versions, Richest man in Babylon, Mirror Conspiracy are good.

In the same vein theres, Jazzanova, Truby Trio, Kruder and Dorfmiester.

yodagoat
    Free Member

zero 7
    bonobo

give “radioactive” by imagine dragons a listen.

irelanst
    Free Member

Nope, had a listen and 6 music is ****, off to listen to the stone roses and fall to sleep!

martinxyz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTlzdeWHPs[/video]

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve just downloaded this and am chilling out with some greyboy

bigad40
    Free Member

Fat Freddy’s Drop. Can put any of there CDs on and listen over and over..
    Check their website for some links to really cool radio and tunes.

irelanst
    Free Member

I have come to the conclusion though that if I want to make a biking video that thievery corporation will be the soundtrack for the slow-mo cornering scenes (with added dirt thrown up for effect) with maybe some nirvana for the hucking.

irelanst
    Free Member

martin xyz: I like that a lot (the video is crap though), anything to do with you?

somafunk

Listen to Groove Armada on the 6Mix (iplayer), bloody good tunes t’night……….got an old stash of disco biscuits that almost got broken into but common sense prevailed and i had a whisky instead.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Sub Focus
    High Contrast
    Netsky

lots of good tracks mixed here

irelanst
    Free Member

.got an old stash of disco biscuits that almost got broken into

I was sorting through the freezer the other day and found some wraps I’d forgotten about – how TF did that happen, 10 years ago anything that would go up my nose went up my nose!

irelanst
    Free Member

Had a listen to the vaccines – that’s an hour I’ll not get back

smiff
    Free Member

Will Oldham. the answer is always Will Oldham

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwYEJUc__ms&list=PL8D729EA5354AF17D[/video]

the greatest singer/songwriter that it seems no one has heard of?

go here and you get a nice menu with a load of his stuff on. but be prepared to loose weeks or months like i have

irelanst
    Free Member

Yodagoat: I like a lot of the stuff towards the end, cheers.

Back in the day when I used to love going clubbing at gatecrasher, cream, pasha etc… but i never listened to house music, it was always indie rock ‘n’ roll for me so I don’t have the faintest idea what I used to dance to so listening back is always an education.

dannybgoode

Kruder and Dorfmeister – K&D Sessions, Sneaker Pimps – Becoming X, 2manydj’s – Soulwax Radio vol 2, MC 900 ft Jesus – Welcome to the Spider, Fabric Live – John Peel and if you can stomach something harder – Trade Vol 4 CD3 – Pete Wardman (possibly the best mix cd of all) or the very first Renaissance CD’s by Sasha and Digweed – the first original release if you can find it as it has the M People tracks on it.

Follow that up with Journeys by DJ’s – Coldcut, the one by Norman Jay and the JDJ International Vol 4 by Westbam (called Ich Bin Ein Bassliner) and wash it down with the JDJ Afterhours Vol 1.

Plenty more suggestions if you want them!!

Cheers

Danny B

unklehomered
    Free Member

Prefuse 73

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJY7BMzx7Iw[/video]

Herbaliser?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Or, if you want something which is truly 100% off the deep end, you never know you might just like it, its probably my favourite album of all time, you could curl up in the fetal position in the corner of a dark room and listen to some VHS Head.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYIKIQpebY[/video]
    This one’s probably a little more accessible.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqrSVT4xa_A[/video]

Ok, just listened to Red Snapper, this isn’t where you’re coming from really, but I like it a lot, should be getting me some of that.

I’d also recommend typing the following, separately, into Youtube, Fulgeance and Kelpe

jameso

Kruder and Dorfmiester

Yup. K+D DJ Kicks is a classic. Also Benobo – Black Sands, Boca 45 – Pitch Sounds. JDJ Dave Seaman is good. Jedi Knights.

nigelb001
    Free Member

One Direction?

……runs away 😀

BillMC

Red Snapper? You might like some Julian Bream or Country Joe and the Fish.

manitou
    Free Member

Moe.
    Greensky Bluegrass.
    Grainne Duffy.
    Trey Anastasio.
    Simon McBride.
    JJ Grey & Mofro.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What should I listen to next?’ is closed to new replies.