Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • what should i do with my Maverick seatpost?
  • neil853
    Free Member

its 9-10 months old and is in need of a re-build kit already, spoke to 2pure and they say that although they are responsible for the servicing aspect, they are not reesponsible for the warranty aspect? so its going to cost about £50 for a rebuild kit and postage, what should i do? i’m not convinced the same won’t happen again and i’m not going to spend £50 a year keeping the seat post going? has anybody else had any experiences?

markd
    Free Member

They are not responsible for the warranty for Maverick – correct as they never imported them.
    They can supply you with spares as the post is the same as the CB Joplin.

It should really only be a guide block you need and some grease.

i am sure these will be a lot less than £50 – they may have quoted you a full kit. what exactly is wrong with it – maybe we can help you narrow down what you actually need to do.

neil853
    Free Member

Its has developed a lot of play, i’ve done the basic service on it but inspite of this its still developed. I’ve read other posts where people have had similar problems.

Who is now responsible for Maverick warranties? what happens if something further goes wrong in the future? I think as you say the guide block is worn and yes they quoted me for a full rebuild. Annoyingly I have the Mountain Mayhem a week Saturday, then two weeks after that i’m away in the Alps, this is annoying as 2pure have a 10 day turn around so i don’t know even when i could get it in?

markd
    Free Member

you prolly just need the guide block then.

top tip – mount it in a diff slot this time cause the slots can get a wee bit worn as well as the blocks.

you should be able to get a block in 48hrs and all you need to do is give it a 10min rebuild – its pretty simple and straightforward.

your original retailer will be responsible for your warranty although what you describe is not a warranty issue. the guide block is classed as a wear and tear item and as such not covered.

give it a bloody good clean out and regrease and you should be fine.

neil853
    Free Member

where can I get a guide block from? Do 2pure sell just the guide blocks? my original dealer is USELESS and wouldn’t go back there. I have the service manual from the maverick website so could certainly do it myself. What happends if the female end of the slot is worn? Are we saying that the main shaft wears out? What is the process then?

showerman
    Free Member

give these guys a call as the importers helped me out of a problem on mine

Chris Walker
    Extra (UK) Ltd
    Datamex House
    Morris Close
    Park Farm Ind Estate
    Wellingborough
    Northants
    NN8 6XF

Tel : 01933 672170
    Fax: 01933 672171

markd
    Free Member

You should be able to get just a guide block assuming they have some in stock – just tried to check for you but couldnt get hold of the person i need.

you need to call Julie on 0844 811 2001 and she will help you. tell her Mark says i said to call 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

you wont need it at mayhem

just get a 15 quid aluminium seat post for mayhem and get teh post sorted for the alps

neil853
    Free Member

trail_rat – so thats another £15 on top of the £50 or whatever already needed to get it sorted out? not willing to spend that on it.

Thanks for the help markd! I’ll give her a shout when i get home from work around 4:30. Where do you work?

markd
    Free Member

i used to work there….

i now have a shoppe.

she knocks off at 5.30pm

neil853
    Free Member

Excellent cheers mark! 😆

2pure
    Free Member

Hi Neil,
    I never mentioned that we are responsible for servicing, merely that we can service the post for you. It is unfortunate that ‘no-one is accepting responsibility’ but it is a discontinued product. Did you try the distributors I mentioned to see if they could help do it under warranty?

ran

neil853
    Free Member

yes they pointed me to you ha ha. I’m sure we will get things sorted out between us, its just a case of getting it repaired for a cost that is cost effective in regards to worth of the seatpost.

I would appreciate it if you could take the parts to mayhemas you’ve offered?

Many thanks for all your help on this!

snaps
    Free Member

There was a guy on here a few months ago saying that he was carrying out Mav warranty work, think he might have been called Simpson.

squiff
    Free Member

Hi Neil

If it’s the right size you can borrow my thomson seat post if you want for MM, plus I will call next week about MM

Simon

neil853
    Free Member

its not si, i need a 31.6 mm seatpost, think yours is only 27.2 mm, have a look

squiff
    Free Member

Sorry mate, your right, it’s a 27.2mm.

Craig-Simpson
    Free Member

Neil,

Email me, I may be able to help.

Craig

Simpsons Cycle Services
    simpsons@mypostoffice.co.uk

neil853
    Free Member

Craig Simpson YGM

Junkyard
    Free Member

e-mail me I have the pdf service guide I am also in Chorley so can help you do it
    The blocks and a rotaion takes seconds a regrease miniutes and redo the oil about 30 mins

neil853
    Free Member

Junkyard that would great, any help would be appreciated, have you got one?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes a maverick one #

Mine is years old and other than play (once a year twice at most guide replacement) and once ayear service it is pretty much faultless)

YGM hopefully anyway if not I will do from home tonight

ajantom

Out of interest, how much are the guideblocks? Could do with one, as my Maverick post is a bit wobbly.

Also, as I’m a D&T teacher, and have access to various pieces of equipment, I wonder how tricky it would be to machine a new one? Hmmmmmm 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

there about a tenner, Junkyard i’ve emailed you

Junkyard
    Free Member

Replied neil and sent service guide to ajantom

neil853
    Free Member

Hats off to craig simpson, really helped me out my maverick problems, recomended for maverick service issues!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘what should i do with my Maverick seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.