Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What should I do? Police content
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Driving home tonight through a small Oxfordshire town, car in front is a Corsa with Police written on the back, not a panda car but some form of police vehicle. Going through narrow one way system the car suddenly slams on brakes, no one in front of them no reason to do that. Then I notice driver staring at me in rear view mirror and mouthing something at me. The passenger seems to be arguing with driver and then they drive off. Should I report it?

My housemate is a WPC so I know how they stick together but in my opinion the driver for some reason brake tested me. In the current driving conditions that could have gone badly wrong.

wwaswas

if your housemate is a wpc why not just give her the reg and ask her to have a quiet word?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ignore it. Worse things happen at sea!

SaxonRider

This is certainly worthy of a call to the station. I have two friends who are police, and from our conversations, I don't think that they would countenance such behaviour – even if it was from fellow officers.

Mind you, the advice above ^^^ is probably better.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You don't know there was no reason though – perhaps they saw something you didn't (like a child's ball coming into the road)?

woody2000

Maybe he was just a c*nt with nothing better to do, and you should rise above it.

😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe he said "I wish I was that handsome man!"

(Ignore him-life is too short-most drivers are morons anyway)

Have you polished your bike? go do something positive.

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps the driver thought you were too close in (presumably) snowy/icy conditions ? I had some numpty way too close to me yesterday on trecherous roads.

(only guessing and even if it's true then brake testing someone isn't the right way to deal with it).

5lab

per'aps something happened ahead of them in the road, they braked hard to avoid it, he then remembers you behind him so looks back (I do that after braking hard). Then has argument with passenger who just spilt their tea

coffeeking
    Free Member

In the current driving conditions that could have gone badly wrong.

Only if you were driving too close? If you weren't (which you obviously were not) it's fine. Maybe they saw something you didn't? Playing devils advocate, if they saw something you didn't and needed to slam on, whatever their reason it's unimportant?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Phone the local nick and ask to speak to the duty Inspector. Even better call by if you can.

Brake testing someone, if that's what they were doing, is enough to lose them their permit to drive.

Ok they'll deny it (or perhaps the passenger will be glad to have you back him/her up?) Plus perhaps there have been previous incidents, there might be future ones.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What should I do? Police content’ is closed to new replies.