• This topic has 78 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gee.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • What should I do? (Jammy bar-steward content, with a Jammy Dodger and extra jam)
  • andrewh
    Free Member

I have in my garage, although on my lawn here for illustrative purposes, two of the lightest, fastest, rarest and most sought after XC frames around, both new out of the box 😀 I only have sufficient components for to build one of them 🙁

Decisions, decisions 😉

ben
    Free Member

Easy. build the Yeti.

That other frame is gopping.

HTH.

rs
    Free Member

sell them both and buy something without a shock that has the potential to crush the family jewels in a horrible way and also doesn’t have one of those silly seat tubes.

rOcKeTdOg

Where is the pic of the “most sought after” frames?

Coyote
    Free Member

lol @ RD

Squidlord
    Free Member

That lawn could do with some attention.

Bregante

Stop purchasing expensive frames and invest in some lawn food?

Edit: Dagnamitt!

yossarian
    Free Member

Personally I’d break them up and create a giant wind chime to keep the birds off your lawn when you reseed it.

Bregante

Anyway, onto more important matters. You appear to have misled us with promises of biscuits?

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what the frame on the left is but it is [as mentioned above] a munter, I hope you didn’t pay too much for it

judderman
    Free Member

someone has been fly tipping on your poorly maintained lawn?

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

That probably answers the question. If no one knows what it is build the pronghorn into a xc beast. I reckon the yeti might be more fun to ride but who wants a bike that everyone recognises.

jedi

+1 yossarian

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

Top marks on the willy waving post. Both horrid frames though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Judderman! 🙂

seanodav
    Free Member

Surely that shock is going to get trashed by your gritty shorts 😯

Tiger6791

Why are these any better than a Boardman? Or do they just cost more?

thepurist

Well it gets the thumbs up from me!

johnners
    Free Member

Top marks on the willy waving post.

Not so – you get no marks at all for waving a hideously deformed willy like that.

Kato

The Yeti

Pronghorn is gopping

muggomagic

1, Build the Pronghorn
    2, sell the Yeti (as it’s gonna fetch more 2nd hand)
    3, use the money to relay the lawn
    4, take pictures of built bike
    5, post pictures on here for more flaming.

BigJohn

This could be just the opportunity to get together with Elbry and Richie McCoy and build that fantastic semi-pro race team the world’s been waiting for.

8th place in the 24hr National Champs might be within sight.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member
    thebunk

I wouldn’t bother. If you want to increase you’re own sense of self worth, just shout at people on the internet.

moonboy
    Free Member

Gutted. So who was driving when the car went over?

z1ppy

^ maybe not have been the responses he was expecting… :mrgreen:

Build the pronghorn, even so, I do also think it’s ugly.
    Though ugliness doesn’t mean it’ll be rubbish, enjoy & ignore the friday posters…

TheFlyingOx

You’re all art-hating philistines of the highest order. The Pronghorn is a gorgeous bike, and unless you’re packing the kind of tackle you’d normally expect to find swinging between the hind legs of a Grand National winner (woof!) the shock is going nowhere near your ballsack.

I would have had it with the blinging DT Swiss XR Carbon shock though. Oh, wait. That’s right. I did 😀

cookeaa

Sell the lot!!

Both frames, all the build kit, and other crap you’ve got, Buy a sensible off the peg bouncer and use the change for a skills course, Alps trip and a bag of grass seed….

Although in all honestly, I personally would build the Yeti up and flog the minger…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeti! The stickers don’t help the looks of the ‘horn, it looks like a secret project specialized forgot to make.

andrewh
    Free Member

Didn’t mean to come accross as willy-waving, more an attempt at a shameless plug 😉
    I ride for Pronghorn, just doing my little bit to increase awareness of a little-know manufacturer, looks like a few more people have now heard of them. Personally I like the looks, but I realise it’s not to everyone’s taste. However, the kind of people that will be considering purchasing one are the kind of people who won’t give a monkey’s what the bike looks like, as long as it’s fast, and this certainly is!
    If you want to see one in the flesh we’ll be at the Midlands races, BMBS and then Mayhem next month. Ask nicely and you may be able to have a spin on one.

And as Chunky correctly spotted, the Yeti is mine and is for sale, open to offers. http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-yeti-asr-carbon-frame-medium-price-reduced-pics-and-everything

Any chance of a better pic Ox? Yours is getting a bit lost in the background, but what I can see looks good.

yossarian
    Free Member

Personally I’d have to admire pronghorn for their obvious stance as an equal opportunities employer.

Many companies talk the talk but to actually employ a blind bike designer is absolutely inspirational.

Chapeau

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

so…. you ride for pronghorn but couldn’t decide whether to build up the pronghorn or the yeti?

i’d pull your sponsorship

grum
    Free Member

I ride for Pronghorn

haggis1978

dont really like the Pronghorn…..well if i’m really honest i think its ugly, really ugly. i’d build the Yeti as they’re more widely recognised for a reason. They’re superb machines.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Personally I’d have to admire pronghorn for their obvious stance as an equal opportunities employer.

Many companies talk the talk but to actually employ a blind bike designer is absolutely inspirational.

class!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I offer my services as a designer to produce some nicer graphics and branding on the pronghorn. My payment can be a frame? Deal?

Ewan
    Free Member

Seriously, I’d rather watch 2 girls 1 cup all day long on repeat than scroll up and look at that prong horn monstrosity again.

Build the yeti. Burn the prong horn. Burn it with fire.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I quite like those Pronghorns. Never seen one on the trails though, or even in a shop for that matter.

Markie
    Free Member

Building brand recognition fail?

Pronghorn hardtails are gorgeous and look fast. Regarding their full sussers, it’s nice to know that function occasionally really kicks form’s ass.

Mike
    Free Member

Eh, you seriously think the above hardtail looks ‘gorgeous’… 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘What should I do? (Jammy bar-steward content, with a Jammy Dodger and extra jam)’ is closed to new replies.