Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What should be our next evolutionary adaptation?
  • arrpee
    Free Member

If we could choose this, I’d presently be tempted to add some of insulation and/or armour plating to the bit of your gums that sits behind your top front incisors. Mine always seems to cop-it whenever I bite into anything too hot or too hard.

slowoldman

The ability to be able to discriminate between fact and fiction.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…[my gums] always seems to cop-it whenever I bite into anything too hot or too hard.

for the sake of the gene pool, you’ll have to die before you reproduce.

welcome to evolution.

GrahamS

Retractable genitals.

Other animals seem to manage this, not quite sure why it passed us by.

Harry_the_Spider

Retractable genitals.

Yep, I’m sick of trapping “Da Beast” behind my knee.

jam-bo

gills. i’d quite like some gills.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep, I’m sick of trapping it behind my knee.

That’s not yours. It belongs to hora.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Harry the spider our knees are apparently the wrong way round so fear not there are ways we could adapt to your affliction

Harry_the_Spider

That’s not yours. It belongs to hora.

I bought it off him. He got it, but wasn’t happy with the size so flogged it on the classifieds.

Harry the spider our knees are apparently the wrong way round

I have to be careful which way I wrap it round my leg.

km79
    Free Member

Yours don’t retract now? Weird, you should get that seen to.

perchypanther
    Free Member

😆

GrahamS

Yours don’t retract now?

Only when I go swimming in the sea at Tynemouth.

tthew

Answer is obvious, well for blokes anyhow. Norks. Then we could give up riding mountain bike and just sit at home an amuse ourselves for hours.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

I thought Bill Hicks had this covered, something about losing a bone from our backs (Men only).

I think the quote ends with “They’d only be ladies in the audience, staring at an empty stage”

🙂

coconut
    Free Member

How about a reverse missile system. You aim it at the coast off west Africa and…Boom.. it shoots in the opposite direction.

now if only…. it were possible

whitestone
    Free Member

Common sense to actually become common.

CountZero

gills. i’d quite like some gills

Yeah, that might be handy, probably more use than just being able to breathe through my ears… 😉

vondally
    Free Member

Tails,…..Tailoring g may be an issue but a tail would offer so many advantages, balance on the bike, tray holder, additional indicator enablerer ( even Audi drivers would have no excuse)….Yep a tail.

stewartc
    Free Member

We lose our flesh and organs and just became a cloud of consciousness roaming the galaxy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A third middle eye situated in the centre of the forehead, and an extra finger on the left hand.

Both these would improve smartphone usage no end, obvz.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Argos catalogues for all…

wwaswas

The loss of the ability to hold a religious faith.

jekkyl

The answer is we no longer have to wait for evolution to do it’s job, we will improve our bodies ourselves. Either through altering our DNA or by upgrading our human form with technology.
    How about an implant to manipulate technology by thought? next track or turn the light on/off, think the words and they appear on the screen.
    Or alter our DNA to give us wings? that would be ace.

stewartc
    Free Member

That falls under the earlier ‘The ability to be able to discriminate between fact and fiction’

scaled
    Free Member

How about an implant to manipulate technology by thought?

Beer would be the problem, as someone who got in a taxi and refused to tell the driver where I lived I dread to think how long I could argue with my thought controlled front door

Stoner
    Free Member

If anything we’re anti-evolving.

Similar to jekkyl’s augmented evolution, we also enable traits to develop and continue that without modern technology/medicine to mitigate their impact on our ability to reproduce successfully would have meant that some of our number would have been running at the back of the pack when the wolves came, if they had survived that long. I wonder just to what extent diseases like diabetes or asthma have increased not just because of environmental/lifestyle influence but also because the relevant genes are being successfully reproduced.

“Fewer women with narrow pelvises together their unborn female children now die during childbirth”*

There is the start of research finding evolutionary impacts on obstetrics where there is potential evidence for the hypothesis that prevalence of C-section is increasing the incidence of narrow pelvic canals which…leads to more C-sections. But it might not be wholly conclusive yet.

Thanks weekendworrier – I dont half mangle language some mornings. More coffee needed 🙂

http://www.pnas.org/content/113/51/14680.full

wwaswas

There is the start of research finding evolutionary impacts on obstetrics where there is potential evidence for the hypothesis that prevalence of C-section is increasing the incidence of narrow pelvic canals which…leads to more C-sections. But it might not be wholly conclusive yet.

ie. “Fewer women with narrow pelvises together their unborn female children now die during childbirth”

zippykona

Hair on the top of my head.
    It would offer sun protection, soak up sweat , keep me warm in winter and offer an early warning system to stop me banging my head.

maccruiskeen

We already have that – its called ‘Autism’.

rickmeister

Tiny hands and nylon hair…

But I think these things are a one off and won’t be allowed to be genetically transferred as its a regressive gene

wwaswas

kimbers

Im autistic?

tjagain

A second thumb where the little finger is.

Toasty

I more arched back, so we can achieve the perfect posture by sitting on a sofa all day.

slowoldman

Im autistic?

Me too apparently.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh O.K., i’ll do it….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRguZr0xCOc[/video]

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What should be our next evolutionary adaptation?’ is closed to new replies.