Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What short(ish) travel full sus frame other than a superlight?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Have been looking at getting a SC Superlight but there appears to be no stock anywhere, at least in medium frames anyhow. What alternatives are there for around 12hundred quid ish – frame only? I may wait for the superlights to be back in but it’s going to be a month or so and I’m feeling impatient!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Turner Flux? Maybe a smidge over budget, but there’s a medium advertised at £1300, and all sizes at £1400…who knows what a bit of phoning around might bring…

metalheart
    Free Member

Giant Anthem X?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Hmmm turner flux at £1300? Where might that be? As that sounds interesting

Highland28
    Free Member

http://www.gearedbikes.co.uk/products/546/turner_flux_2009_dw_link/

That will be your £1300 flux, ha, yeah I would prob agree with the turner, they are meant to have a very good customer service as well just incase anything does go wrong. I plan on getting a 5 spot next summer to replace my frame.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ahh cheers hadn’t seen that.
    So then – wait for the superlight or buy a flux … Any opinions?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Here you go

It’s a 2009 and to be honest I’m not 100% sure what the differences between the 2009 & 2010 models are, but it’s nowt significant. Contact Turner to confirm. CRC have all 2009 colours & sizes @ £1400.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Oops, too slow!

Just to add to Highland’s comments, the feedback I’ve seen re: their customer service, is that it’s exemplary.

MTBR has a thriving Turner forum if you want to investigate further.

Highland28
    Free Member

I personally would say flux, you don’t see quite as many of them around as the superlight, it isn’t as such a rare frame, just not half as common as the sc. If you havn’t guessed, I dont really like goin with the crowd. It is also still a great bike with a very good suspension design ime.

phinbob

I picked up a pretty mint super light on eBay, with a Thompson seat post and spare dropout recently for £450. Leaves you quite a few quid free for an improved build kit.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Turner Flux. Awesome bike. Beautiful.

neninja
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC – the importer has a few medium and large frames reduced to that price.

Best bike I’ve ever ridden – with a Talas fork it can be a slackish 140mm hooligan one minute and a 100mm XC bike the next. It totally flatters my riding.

I’ve got an Anthem X too which is very light and well spec’d but I choose the Helius every time as it’s so much fun. You feel like your riding something a bit special.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

just be patient dan, the SL is all you’ve talked about for months. gives you an extra months pay for shiney stuff!!

bbb
    Free Member

Morewood Zula is very similar.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I rode HTs for ages and always thought I would get a superlight – but when I test rode it felt like it was sapping energy from me on a climb unless I put the PP on.

I now have a flux (09 dw-link) and really like it – and no need to mess around with the PP ever. The Superlight is single pivot, the flux is one of the best performing suspension systems around with a bullet proof bushing system to back it up…

The ’10 version has an extra gusset at the junction above the BB as a small number have ‘cracked’ here – actually the weld has come apart (Turner use a good American frame builder so who nows why). But Turner CS is good and they would sort you out if you had problems, so I would take the discount myself.

The cable routing is also slightly different – the rear dr cable may route differently – on the 09 it is cable tied to the rear triangle in such a position that it could interfere with your calf if you really work the bike beneath you – but the superlight rear triangle bulges out a lot more and would interfere a lot more than the flux, even when riding normally – at least on my test ride.

Browse the mtbr forums and also read the reviews at

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-suspensio/turner/fluxdwlink/PRD_425925_1526crx.aspx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What short(ish) travel full sus frame other than a superlight?’ is closed to new replies.