Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • what shoes for wide feet
  • MadBillMcMad

I after some SPD shoes for use on my road bike.

Was thinking of getting some MTB shoes as they are easier to walk on.

I have quite wide feet and seemingly bad circulation.
    If the shoes are too tight I get really cold feet.

So what do you reccomend for my flippers?

Jamie
    Free Member

Stick to swimming?

ton

SPESH BG COMP

grumm
    Free Member

Yup Spesh BG. I have wide-ish feet and they are very comfy.

Surfr
    Free Member

I have flat wide plates and I find Shimano road and mtb shoes to be a lovely fit.

MadBillMcMad

thx guys

I have some old Shimano Mtb shoes that a very tight.

I will look at the Spesh BG shoes.

Duc
    Free Member

Sidi do a wide fitting on their shoes and it is properly wide!

other than that if you have stupidly wide feet then Rocket 7 will be your only option

AB
    Free Member

Most European shoes are built on a thinner last, whereas American shoes are built on a wider last – hence why Sidi, Northwave, Shimano (although I know technically they are Jap.) are thinner than the likes of Spesh, Nike etc

lunge

Wide feet here, Spec are good for me.

jae
    Free Member

lake do wide vertions of their range

higgo
    Free Member

Wide (and high) feet here.

Road: Spesh BG and Shimano R085 – the ratchet strap on the Shimano only just reaches but they’re very comfy.
    MTB: almost always Spesh, don’t fit most Shimano MTB shoes but have found the MT90 boots fit really well.

I have tried on (but never ridden in) Sidi wide road shoes before. they felt like a great fit but the ones I was looking at were too expensive at the time. (What price comfy feet?)

igm

THe shimano SPD walking boots (MT90 I think) work for me and my feet are almost as broad as they are long.

Edit – sorry road shoes – I use R085 or M086 on the road bike depending on whether it’s a commute or a serious road ride.

simondbarnes

These are nice 🙂

Pimpy

clubber
    Free Member

spesh as above but also pearl izumi

Del

spesh or go a size up on shimano

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have just bought some Sidi Mega Range MTB shoes and they do th mega range in roadie shoes too. They are proper wide great for my size 12’s. Like someone else has said if you want boots the Shimano MT91 boots are ace too.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Northwave are good for wide feet, they are slightly wider than Specialized BG shoes. Shimano are slightly narrower and SIDI are narrower again.

The only shoe I know that will be wider than Northwave are SIDI MEGA shoes. They are much wider than the standard sidi size, but only made for a few models.

tara33
    Free Member

I would go with the specialized BG shoes i have wide feet (not super wide just wider than normal) and they fit fine. Ether that of you could try DUO shoes a nice pair of Lizzy’s?

Or just get the specialized’s.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Spesh – Go up a size on Shimano – DHB’s are wide – Northwave are not too bad.

I am a G+ width fitting size 12 feet

marsdenman
    Free Member

another vote for Spesh BG here, add superfeet insoles for additional comfort – pricey but so worth it…..

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Spesh

Paceman
    Free Member

Shimano MP66

Not very roadie though 😆

Candodavid
    Free Member

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘what shoes for wide feet’ is closed to new replies.