Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What shoes for flat pedals?
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

So far all i have been using are my old Nike court trainers. They look a bit silly out on the trails so i’m looking for some decent shoes to wear.

Five tens look good but they seem pretty pricey for something thats going to be covered in mud constantly and getting chucked in the washing machine weekly.

What do you wear? Are skate shoes good for the job?

Also looking for some nice baggy MTB shorts if you have any recommendations…

DezB
    Free Member

Bought some of the Sombrio ones in CRC’s sale – not quite as ‘special’ looking as 5-10s and grippier than a grippy thing.

Scapegoat

Rollersnakes have a decent catalogue. Check BMX style rather than Skate shoes, more likely to have padded uppers and tongues.
    http://www.rollersnakes.co.uk/category/mens-shoes.html

yorkshire89
    Free Member
    yorkshire89
    Free Member

Cheers will check out the rollersnakes page too!

DezB
    Free Member

That’s em. They are pretty boring looking in black, but good soles on em.
    Can’t vouch for the longevity as only biked in em twice. Worn them plenty for moochin around though 🙂

Northwind

Love my Sombrios (X-Shazams). Best winter flat shoe I’ve had, and not by a little bit. Just got a set of X-floats for summer. Just as good as my Five Tens, possibly better, we’ll see how well they last.

SaxonRider

I will once again speak up for a pair of HiTecs from Go Outdoors. Mine are waterproof, originally cost me £27, and are going on their third season now.

Oh, and I wear them camping as well.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks, decided on some Adio’s from roller snakes 🙂 only £30 can’t really go wrong. Used to like them back in my skating days too!

stu1972
    Free Member

You get what you pay for.

Five Tens are super grippy and reasonably light.

They get that much grip on my platforms that I can’t twist my foot from side to side whilst their planted to the pedal.

paulthearcher
    Free Member

Five tens are excellent and would recommend not the cheapest but well worth it. I have to lift my feet of the pedal to reposition, very grippy.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Again Five Tens stick like glue to the pedals, the only downfall ( except the price ) is that they a a bit heavy and wick moisture like a sponge.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Dont spose youre a size 11?

chives
    Free Member

I got some Five Ten Spitfire Mid from CRC when they were in the sale – blimey, they do grip well. Almost too good, have to lift your foot off to reposition it. Teva links are good, but not as grippy as the five tens. The spitfires will dry on a radiator overnight, the tevas take a bit longer, but they’re a more solid shoe, so not surprising.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Wysiwig i am a size 11 what are you offering if the op is not interested.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Apologies for jumping in on the thread. Anyone know what the width fitting is like on the sombrios? I have the feet of a hobbit, wide, short and hairy.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

See my Danny Macs in classified anyone interested. BNIB

Northwind

stu1972 – Member

You get what you pay for.

Sometimes. But with my first Five Tens (Basics) I got a supermarket shoe with a sticky sole. My Impacts fell apart too, they just took a little longer. The Sombrios work just as well for riding, have better bad weather manners, and seem better made- can’t see why I’d pay twice as much for what so far is an inferior shoe tbh…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What shoes for flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.