Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What shoes?
  • mark88

My bike shoes could do with going in the bin, so with Christmas approaching I’m on the look out for some replacements to go on my ‘list’. My LBS has nothing of interest in, so any suggestions?
    To be used for long (mostly summer) ride, £100ish, with a ratchet strap, no shiny white or hideous bright colours.

A quick search brings up Mavic Rush, Bontrager Rhythm, Gearne Vertical, Gearne Revenger. Any feedback on these?

ibnchris

Giro privateer are worth a look

mark88

Anyone own any of the above?

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve got Mavic Pulse shoes, which are a model lower from Rush (they have 3 velcro straps, no ratchet). What can I say – pretty damn good shoes!

I’ve had them for 1.5 year. They are my only cycling shoes. Used almost everyday, in every condition, in deepest mud and also on a road rides. Very breathable (overshoes or Seal Skinz in winter are good idea!), very comfortable and they provide nice grip when needed.

My longest rides in them was 204 km in very hot weather on road and 12 hours night race. My feet survived with no problem 8)

lunge

I’m a big fan of Specialized shoes, they’ve always lasted well, have a good fit (for my feet at least) and look good too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What shoes?’ is closed to new replies.