Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Shock Post
  • Mat

Building my dad a bike up and he wants a shock post on it, not really my sort of thing so any recommendations?

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

I prefer thudbuster to use having used both

tandemwarriors

Had a USE Alien on the back of the old hardtail tandem. Worked ok, just watch the seat clamp. The idea is good, two clamps sliding on a curved rail to offer infinite adjustment, but its held together with a wee bolt with a 3mm allen head. On more occasions that Sandy wishes to remember she had the seat tip up, and once it came right off. Not nice while steaming down Falla Brae at GT. Ended up using a long allen key and getting it so tight I was scared of stripping the threads. Checked it was super tight before every ride, then no more problems.

It worried Sandy so much (understandable, a seat post up the bum is not much fun) that we had to buy the the full suss Ventana so she could do away with it!

Rob

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

The USE SX is supposed to be the best USE one as its an inline post which helps the action. It also comes in 3 weight ranges and 27,2mm. I’m geting one. Bikedock is cheapest at 40 quid. Out of stock for a week or so as I’m getting one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

did they not upgrade the alien head?

Btw whether it’s online or not doesn’t matter-binding will depend on the saddle position.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

well most people run there saddle in the middle. Even if you dont if you run your saddle far back with a layback head then it will bind twice as much!

freeman
    Free Member

i had a use sumo, did what it was supposed to do, cheaper than the thudbuster and not as ugly.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I use the carbon sumo one on my Hummer, it works a treat 🙂

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few. Liked the old Rockshox post as it was the plushest. Use SX is ok but develops a bit of play after a while. Thudbuster gives the most suspension but gives a weird seat moving back experience. Great going downhill but a pain riding up and tricky to get right. I’d prbably buy a new USE SX as they’re a reasonable price now.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The USe SX seatpost is the biggest waste of money i have ever wasted on a bike. It lasted a matter of 6 mths before it was shot to pieces. It weighed a lot. It needed servicing twice in the six months and it offered little comfort because it always got gunged up. Oh and it ended up having so much ratlle and side to side movement it was embrassing.

All this even though i kept stripping it down recleaning and greasing etc. The service kit works out expensive at twice every 6mths 🙁

I wont use USE anymore

Mat

Is there really any other options other than cane creek and USE?

do rockshox still make a shock post?

(cheers for all the advice so far guys)

AlasdairMc

Mat – Member
    Is there really any other options

Ti frame and big tyres?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Shock Post’ is closed to new replies.