• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What shock for… (RP23 content)
  • tmb467
    Free Member

in my hora-like quest for a better bike, I’m considering a 2010 Tracer VP frame and shock

it comes with an RP23 (that I believe hasn’t been used much as the original owner used a CCDB)

Is the RP23 a decent shock for all-mountain stuff, does it work for that bike, can it be tuned and does it need the air can shim (like the old DHX air)

zerocool

They’re good shocks. Although not perfect if it’s long travel combined with heavy rider. Mine went to TF Tuned after the boost valve went (2 years heavy use) and I had the PUSH upgrade and a bit of tweaking done to get it right. Which still worked out less than a new stock shock.

Couldn’t be happier with it. Now it’s set up how I want it I don’t need millions of adjustments and settings. Just a few clicks of rebound and a few PSI depending on what I’m riding.

Tom KP

hora
    Free Member

One thing I read was if you are riding a single pivot- go slightly higher on the psi than your actual weight. Such frames as the Orange Five/patriot ‘prefer’ this.

Great shocks I think and for UK riding- can you really beat a RP23 for most of the riding we have?

tmb467
    Free Member

cheers – I’ll have a play with it once I get it and see how it rides

just needed to know if I should plan to get rid, and it seems not

tmb467
    Free Member

just looked at that link hora – perfect, cheers!!

wl
    Free Member

Used an RP23 BV on a Patriot and it was mint – made my heavy CCDB redundant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What shock for… (RP23 content)’ is closed to new replies.