Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What shock compression/rebound tune should I get? (trek remedy)
  • spicer
    Free Member

So i’m looking to swap out the DRCV shock on the remedy to a Monarch Plus RC3 debonair.

But I have no idea which tune to get. An hour or so of googling and I am none the wiser, can anyone share some info on this? E.g. is there a specific tune for the remedy, or how do I calculate which tune would be best for me?

I’m interested to try getting the shock pushed, which would of course solve my problem, but I’m keen to try it stock first and see how it performs.

cheers

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s the same as before but my old remedy needed a specific shock, ie a normal monarch wouldn’t fit.

t-p26
    Free Member

Take a look at how your DRCV is mounted……take a look at the Monarch etc….Different mounting.
    I think you can get a PUSH kit for them and custom internals, but thats it?

breninbeener

You can adjust them with air volume spacers. You can also remove the push-rod that activates the second air chamber. This gives a little more ramp up.

spicer
    Free Member

A monarch will fit,it just needs different shock hardware (have a Google). I have a volume spacer installed, tinkerer with pressures etc but still am not too happy with it, more interested to understand how to calculate which tune works best, e.g. rockshox shocks are available in l/m/h compression and rebound tunes

spicer
    Free Member

Found this earlier, which is helpful (provided it is still accurate for the 2015/16 shocks):

https://qbp.com/diagrams/TechInfo/vivid.pdf

Time to read up on rising and falling leverage rates later…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What shock compression/rebound tune should I get? (trek remedy)’ is closed to new replies.