Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What shall I have from the Chinese takeaway tonight?
  • yunki
    Free Member

Perfect storm..

My other half is at work til midnight (she’s very disapproving of Chinese cuisine)
    Bank balance is looking deceptively healthy..
    I’m suffering with a putrid hangover..
    This thread..

I’ve gone for a chilli fest..

Chilli salt squid
    Chilli ribs
    Wondering dragon (mixed meat in chilli and black bean sauce)
    Vegetable chow mein

Got a big bottle of coke too and the kids are happily munching their way through the bag of ‘moon crisps’

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I had chips with a chinese meal in Beijing I shit you not.

Had an 18 hour stop over between flights – so went to a restaurant with a squaddy, a psychiatrist and a Belgian academic. We ate funny fish (some flat fish with tonnes of chilli oil) and chicken with tonnes of chilli oil. It came with fries!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’m not sure if you’re actually in china it’s technically classed as a chinese. Can’t think too much about that, its like quantum theory. Not that you’re incredulity isn’t warranted, I’ve certainly never had steak and kidney pie and crispy noodles down The Ship.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Trust me, I have tried all sorts of Chinese takeaways for years now and I have recently given up all together as realising that it’s just plain wrong!

If you have to have a Chinese, I recommend lemon chicken and spring onion egg fried rice topped with crispy seaweed but prepare for a heart attack after gorging on crispy seaweed.

If it can be a different take out then Thai and order a coconut sticky rice to accompany your chosen dish of desire/death.

Now if I have to get a takeaway it’s a fancy Indian.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

went to a restaurant with a squaddy, a psychiatrist and a Belgian academic

Surely that’s got to be the start of a joke?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah and all four of them got a case of Chinese sore eye 😆

docstar
    Free Member

Cream of sum yung guy?

mefty
    Free Member

Are you hungry yet? God, I love stereotypes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Foreign muck

pebblebeach
    Free Member

If you have to have a Chinese, I recommend lemon chicken

Clearly you didn’t read the original post. I can’t stand lemon chicken.

Had king prawn satay, wife chose salt and chlli crispy chicken. It was amazing and I’m still alive and healthy.

everyone
    Free Member

Damn it now I want chinese!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

For once, I just read the title and not the whole op, it’s about takeaways after all.

Sounds like you chose ok then, sooner or later, you’ll regret it though 😆

TheBrick
    Free Member

Its true that uk chineese takeaways are crap. There are good uk based chineese reaserants but I’ve never found a good take away.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What shall I have from the Chinese takeaway tonight?’ is closed to new replies.