Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what setting on this suspension will give the slackest angle?!?
  • moniex
    Free Member

Just dug this out and sorting it for this season. What shock setting will give me (or my son in this case) the slackest head angle?

Also thought about getting some of those offsett bushes, any good?

Simone

twang
    Free Member

The one thats farthest away from the top mount, doesn’t look much difference there though. Is that a fluid?

stevied
    Free Member

I made some offset bushes for my Intense 6.6 and having a 2mm offset I gained about 1-2 degrees slacker head angle.

moniex
    Free Member

the bike is a norco b line 24. I think the different mounting point are meant to give different travel, but more interested in the head angle really.

what do I need to know to order offset bushes?

Thanks again

Simone

IA

Looks similar to my old norco atomik.

The mounting positions change the travel, not the angles.

For offset bushings, you effectively are making the eye-to-eye length of the shock shorter, so first take the shock off and check that compressing the suspension further than designed doesn’t cause any problems.

Particularly the back wheel hitting the seat/seattube is one to watch for.

Then if it’s fine, it’s the dimensions of the shock bushes you need.

JoeG
    Free Member

I got my offset shock bushings from Proshox in Poland. They were 1/2 the price of the Burgtec ones. I ordered mine via their ebay listing, which shows you what to measure. You can replace either bushing with an offset one, or both.

Proshox
    ebay

Edit – as IA says, check for travel. I had to file a hole in the crosspiece between my rockers so that it wouldn’t hit the seat tube.

Edit 2 – How on earth do you expect your son to be a productive member of society with that sort of tire logo and valve alignment? 😯 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what setting on this suspension will give the slackest angle?!?’ is closed to new replies.